Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites - Daphne-Spanish Fort
Ranked #7 of 11 Hotels in Daphne
Reviewed 2 August 2011

Standard Holiday Inn Express - it was right off of the Interstate. The hotel lobby, halls, room, and breakfast area were very clean. The walls are a bit thin - easily heard noisy kids next door. Our suite was roomy and the beds were very comfortable. Air conditioning was working quite well. Check-in was a breeze (and we were even a bit early) and the staff was quite pleasant and helpful. Breakfast was average but good. We will certainly stay here again when we are in the area.

• Stayed: July 2011, travelled with family
1  Thank CajunKimo
Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.

Reviewed 17 July 2011

We have stayed at this hotel almost yearly since it opened, and have had pleasant experiences--i.e.---the reason we have returned year after year. Sadly, this trip was a little bit of a disappointment from the get-go. At check-in, when I told the young man at the desk that I had reservations and gave my last name, without any semblance of a smile or any warmth, he asked to see ID and a credit card. I explained that we are Priority Club members and that this was a 'rewards night' stay. He then asked for my ID only, which I provided. Our keys were handed to me with nothing else said. After we unloaded our car and were passing through the lobby, I noted a cookie display at the front desk and asked about it--I was told by a woman at the desk that they were complimentary for guests-I would not have known otherwise. Our beds were comfortable, but the A/C sounded like a washing machine. We were very tired from our 10-hour road trip so decided that might actually be good 'white noise', which it actually was. There was one tiny trash can in the bathroom and that was the only trashcan in the unit. On the positive side, our standing request for the top floor and away from the elevators and ice/vending machines had been honored. We have never been disappointed in the Holiday Inn Express breakfast experience until this trip. I might suggest that they start their breakfast at 6:00 or 6:30 instead of 7:00 on the weekends--many folks like to eat and get on the road earlier. We made it to the breakfast room at about 7:10, and we were certainly not the first ones there. The egg/cheese omelets which are usually yummy, were almost cold and; therefore, dry. The sausage links were dry and cracked. There was 1 cinnamon roll in the warmer, looking dry, shriveled and very lonely. Let's face it---that's HIE's most popular breakfast item if I had to guess--at least it's one of ours. There was a family standing at the pancake making machine not knowing what to do. You could hear people in the room complaining and wondering what was going on. After our quick meal of 1 dry/cold omelete and dry/cracked sausage link, and still no attendant in site and people actually talking loudly about it, I peeked into the preparation area and seeing no one, went to the front desk. At this point, I'm convinced that the breakfast attendant called in sick and the poor front desk person was in charge. Another patron was already at the front desk asking about the pancake making machine. The very nice lady at the front desk explained that the breakfast attendant had to go to Sams Club to get more breakfast items (this is 7:00 on a Sunday morning). I give credit to the front desk attendant, she came in and tried to show that family how to use the pancake machine, and she brought out a tray of the cinnamon rolls, but they were iced cold. Again, on the plus side, the coffee was HOT but it too was running out. We topped off our cups and checked out. Check out was friendly and efficient.

• Stayed: July 2011, travelled as a couple
2  Thank JOYFUL56Texas
Reviewed 14 July 2011

We haved stayed here twice on our way home from WDW and have been pleased both times. The hotel is fairly new and the rooms are neat and clean. The staff is nice and are accomodating. The breakfast is good.

• Stayed: June 2011, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 20 June 2011

On our way to Disney World, my family and I stayed at a filthy hotel. I cancelled our reservation to stay at that same hotel on our return trip home, and made a reservation at this hotel at a friend's suggestion. I found this hotel to be very clean and excellent all around. I can not complain about a single thing. Beds were comfortable, tons of pillows and extra blankets, tons of towels, and our room had a flat screen tv. Breakfast buffet had cereal, yogurt, omelettes, biscuits, bagels, sausage, gravy, pancakes, grits, cinnamon rolls, mini muffins, English muffins, fruit, coffee, milk and juice. I would definitely stay here again and recommend it to a friend.

• Stayed: June 2011
Reviewed 2 May 2010

Front desk staff were very nice. The rooms are somewhat updated but not as new. Rooms still have tube tv's. They offered us discounts at a local restaraunt that did not honor the discount. The Continental Breakfast was horrible! No ketchup for eggs?!?! My eggs had hair in them. The breakfast staff were very unaccomodating and rude. Definently won't stay at this location again!

Also consider these accommodations in or near Daphne
5.4 km away
0.2 km away
La Quinta Inn & Suites Mobile - Daphne
5.3 km away
Courtyard Mobile Daphne/Eastern Shore

Been to Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites - Daphne-Spanish Fort? Share your experiences!

Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.
JPMiles / PAYBACK