“Awesome food”

Carlton's
Ranked #2 of 117 Restaurants in Cullman
Cuisines: Italian
Reviewed 5 May 2018 via mobile

We went to Strawberry Festival then decided to find someplace to eat. Had heard about this restaurant and we were definitely not disappointed. My husband said was the best calzone he has ever had. They were very pleasant and attentive to every need. Looking forward to going back.

Date of visit: May 2018

Reviewed 9 April 2018

My wife and I went today for an anniversary lunch. I had the fettuccine alfredo with chicken. The bread stick was excellent, the amount of fettuccine was very small but was good. The majority of the chicken was rubbery and tough, except for a couple pieces of it.
I have had good meals here in the past so this was quite a disappointment. Small serving that was not very good quality, or was cooked incorrectly.

Date of visit: April 2018
Reviewed 3 April 2018

We had lunch at Carlton's which was high quality, nice and hot, and delicious! The inside of the restaurant is nice! The service was very efficient and timely.

Date of visit: March 2018
Reviewed 31 March 2018

**My kudos to the waitress/manager who reseated us inside when my mother was too cold to stay outside.**
We went on March 31 for lunch--the day before Easter. The place was packed. When we left, the place was packed.
The atmosphere was cozy and rustic. We spent time wondering how many places the boards on the ceiling came from.
When you come here, allow an afternoon. I was hoping we would have a reasonably timed meal and have the rest of the day.
So that we could look over the menu, we ordered the Focaccia Bread and oil. After about a half hour, it was served--beautiful and yummy. Now, we did use up a few minutes looking at the menu. However, after we ordered the main course, it was closer to an hour before we got our food. Great food. Little loaves of bread they call breadsticks were fresh and hot, cut nicely with garlic butter in the cracks. The lasagna was very good although not deep dish.I ordered the large size to have some to take home. The baked spaghetti with pizza sauce (not marinara) was excellent, although a little skimpy on the sauce. The Pork Tenderloin on Telera Bread was reported to be outstanding and the accompanying chips were wonderful. Was it worth an hour wait? Not to me.
We looked at the dessert menu and ordered the Blackberry Cobbler with Cream Cheese Topping and the Strawberry Shortcake. The pound cake used for the Strawberry Shortcake was dense and yummy, and the whipped cream tasted like it was made in house. The Blackberry Cobbler was a disappointment--my first bite included some of the burnt crust. The cheesecake topping really looked like scrambled eggs (presentation, presentation) but was tasty.
The young waitress, bless her heart, was very solicitous and kept out drinks topped off. She did a good job.

Date of visit: March 2018
Reviewed 4 March 2018 via mobile

Super pizza, thin crust is my choice, and they'll make it any way you want. Salad, lasagna, spaghetti, and choices for beer. Usually to full for dessert which is sad.

Date of visit: February 2018

Been to Carlton's? Share your experiences!

Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.
JPMiles / PAYBACK