Holiday Inn Express Cullman
US$ 71
Quality Inn(Hanceville)
US$ 78
Agoda.com
All reviewsindoor poolfront deskcinnamon rollsroom was cleanshower pressure was greatbig roomhot tubtraveling southstaff was friendly and courteoushotel breakfastorange beachwould definitely stay here againworked finepancake machinesausagerooms are nicenice place
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 8 April 2012

Rooms are in excellent condition, friendly staff, great rates, and hot yummy breakfast!

• Stayed: March 2012, travelled with family
mchoisser, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Cullman, responded to this reviewResponded 13 April 2012

Thank you for choosing our hotel and for letting us know that you enjoyed your stay with us! We look forward to welcoming you again!

Reviewed 31 March 2012

We've stayed at many hotels through the years, however this hotel was, by far, one of the best. The staff was professional, polite, and very accommodating. Our group consisted of my mother-in-law, my husband, and our 3 boys. Our requests were granted without delay, and with a smile! The crib brought to the room was an actual crib, sanitized, and made up for our child. I was rather impressed! The breakfast was delicious, and the station kept clean despite the vast number of patrons. Ben, an evening front desk employee, was very polite and helpful, which was a welcomed experiences as we arrived later than intended after a very long 8 hour drive. The rooms were very clean, and the beds so comfortable that we joked about buying them directly from the hotel. This hotel is perfect for anyone wanting to visit the Ave Maria Grotto or the Shrine. Needless to say, we will be going back to this family friendly hotel on our trips down to FL in the future! Thanks again!

• Stayed: March 2012, travelled with family
mchoisser, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Cullman, responded to this reviewResponded 9 April 2012

Thank you for your comments in reviewing our hotel. As the General Manager, I always appreciate knowing that we have served our guests well. Thank you for your kind comments, and we look forward to seeing you again!

Reviewed 29 December 2011

We were visiting family in the area for the Christmas holiday and stayed at the Holiday Inn because there was too much family and not enough room at the house. We live and travel with Emotional Support Animal (a small dog) and notified the hotel of such at the time we made the reservation. Someone from the hotel should spend a few minutes on the internet researching ESAs! On Christmas Eve, the hotel decided that since they could not see a physical handicap, that our dog was not allowed. Even after explaining more personal information than they needed (including diagnoses, medication, etc), they still decided that only people with obvious physical handicaps are permitted to have service animals with them. And with that, they threw us out on Christmas Eve. To be fair, we were "asked to leave", but that is the equivalent of being thrown out.

These folks need a lesson in acceptance and tolerance. I'd love to put an activist group on them, but I don't think they'd learn a thing. There are two lessons I'd like for the Holiday Inn Express in Cullman to learn (1) being judgmental is no good - just because a person has a problem is no reason for you to turn them away, and (2) the season of Christmas would have been the perfect time to extend hospitality to strangers. I only hope that when your time comes, you are not treated with similar disregard.

If the hotel management can overcome its discriminatory attitude, the property would live up to the HI reputation. The building is newer, the rooms are spacious and comfortable, and the facility is clean. It is not far off the highway and is only a short drive from the center of town. There is alot of potential here - just the hurdle of attitude & service to overcome.

• Stayed: December 2011, travelled with family
4  Thank skydiverbrian
mchoisser, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Cullman, responded to this reviewResponded 17 February 2012

Guest feedback is very important to us. Without hearing from our guests, we can never know where our weaknesses lie. The experience described above is not the experience we want anyone to have at our hotel. We do observe a very strict pet policy due to feedback from a multitude of our guests. We of course gladly make exceptions for service animals traveling with disabled guests according to ADA regulations. Emotional support animals do not fall into this category. When I spoke with this guest, it appears that I did not express myself clearly. I believe that what I told him was that due to the Christmas holiday, it would be impossible to find alternate accommodations for his pet, so I would make an exception for him. If this is not what he understood and felt that I was ‘throwing him out’, I should express my apologies for the breakdown in communication. We will, however, always remain a pet free facility.

Reviewed 24 November 2011

We've stayed here many times & are always impressed with the facility, the cleanliness, the staff & the breakfast, esp. the neat pancake maker. Easy to get to off the interstate & close to a Cracker Barrel. We'll continue to stay here when we're in the area.

Room Tip: We like the upper floors.
  • Stayed: November 2011, travelled with friends
2  Thank H Joan B
mchoisser, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Cullman, responded to this reviewResponded 29 November 2011

Thank you so much for writing about your stay with us. We're so glad that you choose our hotel when you're in the area! We look forward to having you again. In the meantime, have a wonderful Christmas season!

Reviewed 19 November 2011

Was looking for a place to spend the night in Cullman. King bed suite was clean and well equipped. The bed was very comfortable. Breakfast in the lobby area met my basic expectations. Yogurt, juice, toast. The basics. My traveling companion seemed enamored of the automatic pancake machine.

Although I didn't use the indoor heated pool or gym, the appeared to be clean and well maintained. The staff was friendly and parking was convenient. I really don't know what anyone would expect of a Holiday Inn Express that this facility did not provide.

Room Tip: We went down to go skydiving. The king suite gave us relaxing and sleeping space.
  • Stayed: November 2011, travelled with friends
mchoisser, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Cullman, responded to this reviewResponded 22 November 2011

Thank you for writing about your stay with us! We are so glad that you were able to relax, have a good night's sleep, and enjoy our great breakfast. I hope that we are able to welcome you again!