“BITTER EXPERIENCE WITH CHALO JAAI ( AKASH BANGLA FAME )- TOUR OPERATOR” 1 of 5 bubbles
Review of Kolkata

Map
Satellite
Map updates are paused. Zoom in to see updated info.
Reset zoom
Updating Map...
Kolkata, India
305 helpful votes
“BITTER EXPERIENCE WITH CHALO JAAI ( AKASH BANGLA FAME )- TOUR OPERATOR”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 17 September 2010

I had booked kashmir package ( Departure date 16.10.10 ) with chalo jaai ( Akash Bangla ) well in advance - In the month of May-2010. I paid the cash as per their terms of payment as advance. Later as per the schedule I booked railway tkts in 2AC and helicopter service for vaishno devi darshan. I kept on checking with them about the trip status and they kept on telling me that we are going for the trip inspite of sudden unstablity in kashmir. We were advised to meet a month before for the tour details and final payment. On that day they suddenly came out of various offers such as : 1. cancellation of individual booking and get balance amount with 10% deduction. 2. With 5% deduction I can keep the money with them for any alternative package till March-2011 . 3) They offered a alternatve tour to devi darshan package which actually as per their tour programme it costs 9000.00 which they are asking Rs 12500.00 same as per kashmir package.... As soon as this was announced 80% of the peoples opted for option -3 and balance were asked to cancel. They all suddenly ignored us and started chalking tour programme for alternative package . I had already seen these places earlier , why I will accept their options with their laid norms. It means without going I have to shell out money for no fault of mine and later I have come to know that this is their standard practise, making fool of peoples. Now at this moment I am not getting any packages / reservations nothing at all. Also I have lost money in cancelling rly tkts , helicopter booking etc .

This is one small instance I want to share with all people around who may fall prey to Chalo Jaai by their lucarative advertisement in TV.

239 Thank AnimeshRay
Kolkata, WB
7 helpful votes
“working place”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 4 August 2010

lots of place to gang out and religious place to visit by.
Victoria Palace, J.N. Museum, Science City, Nicco Park.
Lots of shopping mall, like CIty Center, South CIty etc.

7 Thank blindsaran
Punjab
7 helpful votes
“AWESOME”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 29 June 2010

With the global economy taking hold and more business conducted in the Asian markets today than ever before, travelers are coming to Kolkata quite well. Not only is this a place of mass expansion, but it is also a place where business travelers get treated well. As one of the cleanest countries in the world, Kolkata is a place that values its traditions very much. One of those is hospitality and that can be felt throughout the country at all of the major hotels.

There are many great business hotels for travelers who come to Kolkata and you will find that the city is built for people on business. With everything in close proximity and the ability to move freely from place to place, you should not have too much of a problem getting to where you need to be. When the meetings are over and the business is finished, you can retire to a nice, luxurious room and take advantage of the many amenities that the business hotels in Kolkata are known for.

All in all, Kolkata is a place where business people feel welcome and it's a place that allows those travelers to truly

• 4 of 5 bubbles
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
7 Thank RahulPunjab
Kolkata, India
73 helpful votes
“The only place on earth with warmth”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 13 June 2010

Calcutta or as modernly we call her Kolkata.Kolkata is calling one and all.And why not? There is something in this vast city for everybody.

The most convenient aspect of travelling to Kolkata is its diversity and the best gift is the warmth that receives me right from the airport into the city center.Kolkata has her problems of bad drainage system,poor traffic control,chaotic transport on her very narrow roads but I forgot all those bad points after the pertinent facts of food and culture dominated.
Flury's, Park Street,Marble Palace, South City Mall, 85,Lansdowne Camac Street with all the shopping places and eating joints are some of the musts.
Only in this city will I find people on the road who inform you from a running car that my saree pallu is sticking out and that I should take it in or I may get stangled to death.

5 Thank FannyIllinois
Kolkata
17 helpful votes
“The bestest place to live in :)”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 25 May 2010

Kolkata was India's capital during the British rule. No doubt they chose kolkata. Kolkata has an excellent combination of heritage & modernisation. It starts with old structures in north part to modern complexes in south part; combines with places like Victoria Memorial, Maidan, Howrah bridge, Birla Planetarium, Rabindra Sadan, NIcco Park....actually the list goes on & on & on...
Visit Kolkata during Durga Puja & have a lifetime experience.

6 Thank abhishekghosh31

Been to Kolkata? Share your experiences!