Lowest prices for your stay
$42
View deal
Reserve now, pay at stay
Priceline
Free cancellation until 28/05/22
FindHotel
eDreams$42
StayForLong
See what travellers are saying:
Selected filters
Reviewed 25 September 2019 via mobile

I was a regular visitor of kolkata, and whenever i visited kolkata i used to stay in astoria. But last time in june that was probably my 5th stay there with my family, the behavior of the staff were really rude. I always used to book hotel rooms via whatsapp. And this time when i was trying to book for october the staff was really rude to ne and started saying offensive things. This is totally an unprofessional behavior. They must reply us with patience and resoect. We stay there with our hard earnes money and not for free. We previously stayed there because the staff were helpful amd friendly. Bit if they behave like thik i see no point of staying there coz of the same budget there are so many other good hotels around.

Date of stay: June 2019
Trip type: Travelled with family
1  Thank SamiraS899
Reviewed 21 June 2019 via mobile

Worst treatment i ever get...never recommend this hotel if they provide free...the picture which are provided in their pages and other sources,all are opposite.the behaviour of the staffs are totally unprofessional

Date of stay: June 2019
Trip type: Travelled with family
Reviewed 15 April 2019

Located in a good place. But they gave us room in their old building which was dark and shady. Breakfast was average. No Charging Point for iphone users . Reception response was also not remarkable. Not recommended for Family.

Date of stay: April 2019
Reviewed 25 March 2019

Nice place to stay for a vacation, awesome food, very close to main market like Park Street, New Market of Kolkata, Rooms are very comfortable & almost all luxury is there. Would like to stay in same hotels in other locations

Date of stay: March 2019
Reviewed 12 March 2019 via mobile

Made a booking through Agoda.com. The photographs that they show on all the travel websites are dated by several years. When you visit the property you will see that it is falling into disrepair.

When I checked into the hotel, the woman at the reception looked a bit hesitant about having someone show me the room, saying that I had booked a room in the ‘Old Wing’. I said that I would like to have a look anyway. When I did, I saw that the room was cramped, the AC was on its last legs, the fixtures were old and the room was poorly lit. Aside from this, the corridors were dingy and the place felt unsafe.

I called the reception, expressing reluctance about checking into the room, and letting them know that this was not the room that I had seen on the website. I asked if they had any other rooms, they said they did and offered to send a member of their staff to show me a room in the ‘New Wing’. The new room was better, but would cost Rs 500 more, per day, than the previous one. As I was planning on staying there for eight nights and nine days, I requested for a discount, they agreed, offering I pay Rs 400 more, per day. However, they insisted that I pay ONLY in cash, as it would cause a discrepancy in their accounts, they claimed. Tired, having come straight from an early morning flight and keen to get to a late-afternoon meeting on time, I reluctantly agreed to pay them in cash.

However, I realised that I was under NO obligation to pay them in cash. Again, I checked with the staff, including their manager, who insisted that I had to pay by cash and only cash. I was staying alone, and didn’t want to make the situation uncomfortable or unsafe for myself, and so decided to confront them on the day that I would be checking out.

On the day that I was checking out, I mentioned that I was keen to pay by card. They suggested as they had on the first day that there was an ATM just across the road. I persisted. The women at the reception began to argue with me, raising their voices, and saying that I had confirmed that I wound pay by cash and that I had even informed their manager who was on night duty, the previous night. One of the women said that they had even offered me a discount and that if I were to pay by card, I would have to pay 18% taxes. I said I was fine with that and in fact preferred having things above board and transparent. The women continued arguing and one of them began muttering things in another language while the other began to giggle. Incredibly rude and disrespectful. The one who was muttering finally called the “manager” and finally, finally accepted to swipe my card and hand over a bill.

As I would only return to the hotel at night to sleep, the hotel fulfilled that requirement. However, I did have to routinely call for someone to attend to the AC, as there was usually some issue or the other. The breakfast is hearty, but average. The dining room chairs are worn out. The hotel is not particularly clean. The service staff was as helpful as they could be, however, the same cannot be said of the staff at the reception.

This insistence that I pay by cash has been the final nail in the coffin and I do think the way the staff behaved towards me when I insisted I pay by card points to some underhand dealings going on here. Overall, an unpleasant experience.

Date of stay: March 2019