Open today: 12:00 AM - 11:59 PM
Review Highlights
Family trip to Sunderban with aged parents grown up children and kin.

Visited Sunderbans aboard house boat for a 3 nights trip.Savored the cruise the sights and... read more

Review collected in partnership with this attraction

Reviewed 4 weeks ago
Trek41590491300
Lucknow, India
Sundarban Houseboat has fulfilled our expectation at Sundarban

Awesome experience, very good food, rooms & hospitality. Sundarban it self is a mysterious place... read more

Reviewed 13 November 2018
suamantra

Recommended experiences in and around Kolkata (Calcutta)
from US$ 150.00
More Info
All reviews crew members house boat the upper deck mr roy night cruise tour manager tiger paw life jackets who loves nature evening snacks days trip aloo monitor lizards star hotel memorable tour the royal bengal tiger bucket list
Reviewed 7 December 2015

I dont know what to write after all those wonderful reviews. Still, i will try my level best

Ours was a complete boys trip with my office friends, 13 in number. For a change, this 13 turned out to be lucky..

We initially planned to visit this place during mid october. Postponed it to November end, as per the advise of the houseboat guys, so that the weather would be pleasant. It turned out to be true.

I will start with their service. We planned it 3 months back and booked it too. They said they will get back to me on the month of november and they promptly did. The planning phase was very smooth with reply to the mails within matter of minutes. I never felt the need to talk to them over phone.

On the day of the trip, we reached the airport at 4:30AM itself. They picked us up at 7:30AM, well ahead of their schedule of 9:30AM. We were taken to GodKhali. The moment the van dropped us there, the boat guy came to us, picked us up, took us to the other side of the river in his small boat, helped us with getting the supplies (u know what!!!), dropped us back to GodKhali where the houseboat was ready.

Once into the boat, it was a different world out there. The food, their excellent service, their proactiveness in having all that a tourist would require, surprised us. As all others mentioned the place was excellent. This experience took it a step further.

For our return, they even arranged cabs for sightseeing and tracked us till we reached the airport.

Recommendation -

* Better hire the full boat, so that you need not worry about sharing a table with a stranger.
* Rooms are a bit small for more than 5 people. Try the tent or airbed
* Dont miss the hookah
* Dont miss the crab and prawn. Order it before hand.

3  Thank 533shankarn
Reviewed 30 November 2015 via mobile

Excellent service by the team starting from point of pick up till drop at Kolkata. More than anything else we truly enjoyed the food, service and the hospitality of the staff. There was an element of innocence and great passion amongst the crew members in hosting the guests. We will recommend them to all my family and friends. All the best team SB, just maintain the quality !!!

2  Thank Pritam B
Reviewed 26 November 2015

Operated from sonakhali,Gadkhali,Goashaba, this tour takes u through sepentine waterways of delta full of mangrove forest. They offer room,food--breakfast,tea,lunch,dinner and snack. Sanitation is good and food of good quality. They are responsible and experts at sea. As we took 2 nights+ 3 days tour,we travelled a lot. The experience is great.

1  Thank swamiji_drupad
Reviewed 26 November 2015

Ok, so you're unlikely to see a tiger, but that doesn't detract from this tour at all. I highly recommend it.

I did a 3 day trip by myself (a family filled the other two cabins).

The boat is very comfortable. The staff are very attentive and look after you from the moment you wake up all the way through to when you go back to bed. The food is really tasty with great variety and you'll not be left hungry at all.

You will be on the best boat if you go with them. I didn't see a better one.

You'll see a whole load of wildlife so take a good camera.

4  Thank Adam G
Reviewed 25 November 2015

We enjoyed a lot in houseboat, facilities were very good and crew members were very helpful. The food was very sumptuous. sitting on the deck and feeling the cool breeze was a different experience altogether.

2  Thank Ayub0625