All reviews point crossing large poster quest mall four poster within walking distance the ground floor old world charm victoria memorial stayed one night mineral water aloo furniture india lampshades ventilation sofa properties
Reviewed 18 January 2017 via mobile

A boutique hotel on Park Street with easy walking to colonial era buildings. Good access to and from airport. Breakfast is served in the room. The neighbourhood is at times noisy (especially at prayer times).

I would recommend it because of location and helpful staff.

Date of stay: January 2017
Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Reviewed 27 November 2016

The Park is conveniently located just off Park Street in the heart of a shop and restaurant area.
My room was very dark with old-fashioned but comfortable furnishings. The room safe box and one lamp did not work and the light in the wardrobe closet could not be turned off. A maintenance man came to my room to repair the TV although the TV was working perfectly and I had not signaled any problem. So maintenance at the hotel could be improved.
On weekend nights I was kept awake, even with ear plugs, until as late as 3:30 a.m. because of loud music from a disco or club downstairs.
The buffet restaurant is excellent but can be chilly at times.

Room tip: Avoid rooms above the disco and bar.
Date of stay: November 2016
  • Trip type: Travelled with friends
Reviewed 6 November 2016 via mobile

Decent option in Kolkata - Above average shower for the price bracket - big and comfortable bed though note that the hotel is located at the very end of park street and therefore is a 25mins walk to the metro and 10 to park circus train. The room does not get cleaned daily. Friendly front of house.

Date of stay: November 2016
1  Thank eat_say_love
Reviewed 26 October 2016 via mobile

This is my second visit to this establishment. The reason I choose to stay here is because of the service, the room and the location. The service is really good. They will help with you with anything and are so informative and wiling to assist, even for just a chat. You can't get this level of service at a large establishment. The room is an OK size. I've stayed now in both categories. I travel alone so it's perfectly suitable for me and has everything you would need. What I like is that the rooms evoke a certain level of character with huge high ceilings. I'm sure you could stay in places that are more expensive with much more bland and generic furnishings which make you feel you could just be anywhere in the world. The location is good and is very handy with local taxi drivers. I personally would always choose to stay here unless I wanted a more relaxing holiday with a pool etc. This however is perfect if you plan on being busy. I would thoroughly recommend this hotel. It's very good value for money. There is no restaurant but who cares?!? They still provide room service for breakfast and meals but are served in your room. I think sometimes some people have marked this place down due to the lack of some facilities and how intimate it is. However, you are paying a really good price and cannot expect to get the Oberoi for about £70-£80 a night. I give this place top marks for service and friendliness and would recommend for travellers who are busy and do not intend on lounging around a pool or wishing to dine at various in-house restaurants.

Date of stay: October 2016
Trip type: Travelled solo
Reviewed 2 September 2016

A delightful place to stay as the rooms have been tastefully decorated in the style of old Kolkata. It is central and many of the places to visit are a walkable distance. The staff are friendly and helpful. I also appreciated the security guard coming with me to the train station and delivering me to my overnight sleeper. The chef was always available on returning to the hotel and cooked some very good food.

Room tip: Check out the available rooms to choose the bed and decor.
Date of stay: July 2016