Open today: 10:00 am - 5:00 pm

Book in advance
from
₹5,438.68
per adult
Check availabilityView full product details

Ways to Experience Indian Museum (Jadu Ghar)
from ₹5,438.68
from ₹8,922.83
from ₹3,626.07
from ₹6,118.51
1,006 results
All reviews egyptian mummy human evolution huge collection park street metro station on display history lovers asiatic society virtual tour must visit place fossils coins archaeology skeleton sculptures buddha galleries art
Selected filters
Reviewed 17 September 2019

It is a brilliant experiences to visit Indian Museum. Archaeological section is best arena for me. Anthropological section is outstanding.

Reviewed 12 September 2019

The place is very nice and good time pass.It is a good place to visit during free time.It is maintained well.

Reviewed 11 September 2019

The Indian Museum was extremely interesting. Apparently it is the oldest museum in India and ninth oldest in the world. It dates back to 1814. It has a new gallery full of Masks from different regions and traditions in India. These were absolutely lovely, but then I specialise in mask. For others the galleries of fabrics and art work, including some painting by famous Indian artists, were fascinating. There were large amounts of big boned skeletons, fossils and, apparently, mummies somewhere but I was less interested in those. I was there for 3 hours and only saw a part of it. Be aware that you're not supposed to take food in - I had 2 bananas which I was allowed on the grounds I wouldn't eat them while inside - they caused the guards some amusement! There was plenty of space to walk around slowly even though there were a lot of visitors. The Victoria Memorial and St Pauls are a short walk away if you want to cover all three on the same day. The building has a faded grandeur and is clearly in need of investment for its upkeep. Well worth a visit. Closed on Mondays.

Date of experience: September 2019
Reviewed 9 September 2019 via mobile

Collection so huge that even a month won't be enuf if you give attention to every thing kept for viewing.
The Egyptian mummy being the main attraction,the other sections also are no less.. well maintained...great place of learning

Date of experience: September 2019
Reviewed 29 August 2019 via mobile

Visited this place during my Kolkata visit though I had no idea it’s closed on every Monday so was lucky for me that I was in city for more day and hence able to see it and it was good experience for me as I like history and love to spend time to read and note down things, though this place really need more funds so this can be maintained and staff to my surprise was not in uniform at all