7 people are viewing this hotel
$122
Free cancellation until 28/05/22
$121
Free cancellation until 27/05/22
Reserve now, pay at stay
Agoda.com
$97
Priceline$111
Hotels.com$122
Hurb$125
3,536 results
All reviews thai restaurant grand dame an oasis old world charm busy city the heart of the city indian museum pool side heritage property special mention victoria memorial in room dining coffee shop housekeeping staff special thanks front office house keeping
Selected filters
Reviewed 19 January 2022

It was a dream to stay in Vintage property of The Oberoi Grand Kolkata and it felt like dream come true once we stayed for my wife's birthday. It was a very serene experience. The vintage charm and the old age vibe overtook my expectations. The rooms are so nicely kept and the entire hotel is just a treat to eyes. The people are so cordial and you can see their smiles even with the masks.
Special thanks to Vicky for arranging the cake and bouquet as soon as he got to know about the celebration.

Trip type: Travelled as a couple
MAYAN DHAWAN, Owner at The Oberoi Grand, responded to this reviewResponded 20 January 2022

Dear Mr. Chatterjee,

Thank you for choosing The Oberoi Grand to celebrate your wife’s birthday. It was such a privilege to have you both stay with us and thank you for taking the time to share your experience on TripAdvisor. We are touched by your generous words of appreciation and sentiments for the hotel and the team.

Birthdays are always special and I am delighted that together as a team we made the celebration memorable. Personalized and dedicated care for our guests are part of ‘The Oberoi Dharma’ (our operating philosophy) and I am happy Vicky went the extra mile to create fond memories and build a lifelong bond. I will certainly convey your appreciation to him and the entire team. Happy guests are the greatest source of motivation for us.

We value your patronage and look forward to welcome you back to celebrate many more special occasions at the Grande Dame of Chowringhee!

Reviewed 19 January 2022

It was a fantastic & Safe 10days stay. From our arrival with a smooth Check-In till the last day of late Check-out and a coordinated drop to the Airport. Thanks to Mr.Aaron and the entire team. In our next trip to India, Kolkata (Grand) will be in our schedule.

Room tip: Pool View Rooms
Date of stay: October 2021

Dear Mr. Benjamin,

Thank you for taking out valuable time to write this review and share your experience with other guests on TripAdvisor. It is indeed most kind of you.

I am so happy to know that the team lived up to your expectations from the moment of your arrival until your departure and that we together created fond memories of your stay with us in Kolkata at The Oberoi Grand. Thank you for your generous words of appreciation for each of them and in particular Aaron. I have shared your sentiments with him and the team.

Thank you also for highlighting the grandeur of this iconic hotel. It is well travelled and discerning guests like you that lend stature to our hotel and enable us to deliver Service Par excellence to all our guests. We value your sentiments and cannot wait to welcome you back.

My team and I remain at your disposal here at The Oberoi Grand. If I can be of any assistance in the future, do please feel free to reach out to me.

Reviewed 18 January 2022 via mobile

Great experience in our stay with Oberoi Grand. Special thanks to Mr Arpan, Ms. Prerna, Mr. Mahipal, Ms. Doma, Mr Devdut, Ms Shivani, Mr Pratayay and the outstanding chef Tanishka in making it beautiful

Trip type: Travelled with family

Dear Mr. Fernandes,

Thank you for taking the time to write this review on TripAdvisor and share your experience.

I feel privileged that you chose to stay at The Oberoi Grand and I am delighted to know that all of you had a comfortable and memorable stay.

We deeply value your patronage and Thank You for your generous words of appreciation for the team and the hotel. It is always a pleasure to receive positive feedback and I have shared your sentiments with the team and individually with Arpan, Prerna, Mahipal, Doma, Devdut, Shivani, Pratayay and Tanishka.

Happy guests is the greatest source of motivation for us and we cannot wait to welcome you back with your lovely family.

The Oberoi Grand will always be your home away from home in the City of Joy!

Reviewed 18 January 2022

Absolutely enjoyed our stay at The Oberoi Grand. The reservation, check in and the entire stay was made very smooth, thanks to Vicky for that. He was always one text away although we could not meet him in person. Special thanks to him for the customized photo frame. We loved it. We shall be back again whenever we visit Calcutta for sure.

Dear Mr. Chaubey,

Thank you for taking the time to review us on TripAdvisor and share your experience. It was a pleasure to have you both stay with us and thank you for giving us an opportunity to serve you.

Personalized and dedicated care for our guests are part of ‘The Oberoi Dharma’ and I am extremely delighted to know that we were able to live up to your expectations and to our promise of service excellence. We are fortunate to have a lovely team of ladies and gentlemen, who believe in creating memories for our guests by going the extra mile. I have shared your sentiments and appreciation with the team and Vicky - it really means a lot to all of us.

We value your patronage and look forward to welcome you back to The Grande Dame of Chowringhee.

If I can be of any assistance in the future, please do let me know.

Reviewed 17 January 2022 via mobile

Fantastic dining experience at Baan Thai. Nayanika was a great host, and the set menu was to die for.

The only complaint one could have was that there was too much food on the table!

Highlights:
- Stir fry prawns
- Chicken pad Thai
- Thai curries (fish)
- Basil with minced chicken
- Ice cream sandwich

Cocktail accompaniments were good, although not Thai themed.

Trip type: Travelled as a couple
MAYAN DHAWAN, Owner at The Oberoi Grand, responded to this reviewResponded 19 January 2022

Dear Guest,

It was an absolute pleasure to welcome you as our guest at The Oberoi Grand. Thank you for taking out time to review us on TripAdvisor and share your experience.

I am so happy to know that both of you loved the authentic Thai food, impeccable service, attentiveness and the genuine desire of the team to delight our guests – I am so glad you had a great dining experience and loved every bit of it.

Personalized and dedicated care are part of The Oberoi Dharma and I am delighted that the team at Baan Thai, our award winning restaurant, went out of their way to make it memorable and build a lifelong bond. Thank you for recognizing the team and appreciating their efforts. I have shared your sentiments with Nayanika and the team and they feel so motivated with positive feedback.

We value your patronage and look forward to welcome you back. If I can be of any assistance in the future, please do not hesitate to reach out to me.