I visit Kolkata, at least, 4/5 times a year on business/ leisure. Except for Hyatt, I've done the 5 star hotel circuit few times. In my opinion, The Oberoi Grand is the best and for the last one year I've been staying here during my visits to Kolkata. Why ? Firstly, because of the location. New Market ( where my wife does most of her shopping ) is only 2 minutes walk from the hotel; Park Street ( Kolkata's Oxford Street ) is 3/5 minutes in a taxi; the hustle & bustle of Chowringhee. Secondly, the character of the hotel.....amazing woodwork, very old trees in a well kept garden, wonderful foyer and traditional and comfortable rooms. Thirdly, friendly and professional service. Fourthly, dining is a pleasure, from great buffet breakfasts to excellent Thai dinners at Ban Thai. Lastly, the warm feeling that the staff are trying their best to make you feel at home.
Conclusion: My most favorite hotel.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Oberoi Grand, fondly referred as the 'Grande Dame of Chowringhee' offers the ultimate classical residence in the City of Joy. This heritage hotel’s neo-classical facade and grand pillared entrance mark a successful fusion of classical Victorian and traditional Indian style and reflect the city’s colonial history.Standing stately for over 125 years, The Oberoi Grand combines classic architecture and charm with state of the art amenities and facilities, offering guests an oasis of tranquility amidst the bustling city.The hotel features elegantly appointed rooms, equipped with all modern facilities blending uniquely with the colonial architecture.The hotel is located in the main business and shopping district of Kolkata (Park Street, BBD Bag, and Chowringhee) and is in walking distance from most corporate and government offices. It is also conveniently located close to major convention centers, legislative offices, banks, Consulates, Deputy High Commissions, Chambers of Commerce and clubs. This ideal location makes the hotel a perfect base for the business and the leisure traveler.The dining options at the hotel provide a great opportunity to savor cuisines from around the globe. Recreational facilities include an outdoor swimming pool, a fitness centre and a full service Oberoi Spa.The city centre location makes the hotel an ideal conference and meetings venue. The options vary from a spectacular ballroom for large conferences and smaller meeting rooms for business gatherings and seminars. A 24 hour business centre fully equipped with modern facilities includes a meeting room along with secretarial services. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, DerbySoft Ltd Shanghai HQ Supplier Direct, Booking.com, Expedia, ClearTrip, Agoda and HotelQuickly so you can book your The Oberoi Grand reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- The Oberoi Grand Hotel Kolkata (Calcutta)
- Oberoi Grand Kolkata
- Oberoi Grand Hotel
- The Oberoi Grand Kolkata, West Bengal