One of the best hotels we have ever stayed in. Historic property oozing charm. The staff was consistently professional and yet very friendly. Wonderful concierge Mr. Sarkar who helped us plan everything from excursions to taxis to restaurants. Wonderful pool especially after a hot sweaty day in Kolkata. A fabulous spacious, clean room with antiques, wooden floors, huge bathroom. Excellent food and good value. We did the Indian restaurant and loved it. Walking distance to many of the major attractions of Kolkata. Loved the fact that they were able to arrange for a SIM card at the front desk without all the hassle you would have outside. The in-house tailor was just wonderful - he took care of some rips in the seam of my winter jacket. If you can believe it Oberoi did not charge me for this, but I of course gave him a nice tip. Shoes polished each day. Fruit left for us in the room. What is there not to like? This was my first Oberoi experience but I am now a convert. I think we will try their properties in Mumbai and elsewhere. Oberoi has it down with the perfect mix of hospitality and professionalism. They even sent me a personal email commenting on my customer satisfaction form I had filled out. You could tell they actually read it and were going to pass my compliments on to the staff I mentioned.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Oberoi Grand, fondly referred as the 'Grande Dame of Chowringhee' offers the ultimate classical residence in the City of Joy. This heritage hotel’s neo-classical facade and grand pillared entrance mark a successful fusion of classical Victorian and traditional Indian style and reflect the city’s colonial history.Standing stately for over 125 years, The Oberoi Grand combines classic architecture and charm with state of the art amenities and facilities, offering guests an oasis of tranquility amidst the bustling city.The hotel features elegantly appointed rooms, equipped with all modern facilities blending uniquely with the colonial architecture.The hotel is located in the main business and shopping district of Kolkata (Park Street, BBD Bag, and Chowringhee) and is in walking distance from most corporate and government offices. It is also conveniently located close to major convention centers, legislative offices, banks, Consulates, Deputy High Commissions, Chambers of Commerce and clubs. This ideal location makes the hotel a perfect base for the business and the leisure traveler.The dining options at the hotel provide a great opportunity to savor cuisines from around the globe. Recreational facilities include an outdoor swimming pool, a fitness centre and a full service Oberoi Spa.The city centre location makes the hotel an ideal conference and meetings venue. The options vary from a spectacular ballroom for large conferences and smaller meeting rooms for business gatherings and seminars. A 24 hour business centre fully equipped with modern facilities includes a meeting room along with secretarial services. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with MakeMyTrip, Prestigia, Hotels.com, Booking.com, Expedia, HotelQuickly, Yatra, Agoda, DerbySoft Ltd Shanghai HQ Supplier Direct, TripOnline SA and TravelGuru so you can book your The Oberoi Grand reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- The Oberoi Grand Hotel Kolkata (Calcutta)
- Oberoi Grand Kolkata
- Oberoi Grand Hotel
- The Oberoi Grand Kolkata, West Bengal