2,152 results
All reviews club floor race course butler service indian restaurant victoria memorial coffee shop excellent hotel old world charm business trip memorable stay home away from home the heart of the city duty manager room service is excellent stay gosht special mention
Reviewed 21 May 2018

stay here if you like to be pampered in style.
if you travel frequently to kolkata, then this is the place to make your second home. you will be looked after well.
do not forget to spend some time in the luxurious health club.

1  Thank Sushil V
SamratDatta_1306, General Manager at Taj Bengal Kolkata, responded to this reviewResponded 25 May 2018

Dear Mr. Sushil,

Greetings!

Thank you so much for your kind words of appreciation.

We are very pleased to note that you have enjoyed our services and hotel facility. This has been shared with all our colleagues who are further motivated to keep striving towards delighting our guests.

Thank you for your kind patronage and look forward to meeting you on your next visit.

Kind regards,

Reviewed 20 May 2018

You walk in Taj Bengal Kolkata, located in Alipore area of Kolkata, which is a plush area of the city, you are greeted well by the staff. The service is dedicated. Then you walk up to your room, they are spacious and comfortable. You walk into the bathroom, they look old...real old. Now I will get straight to the point. Take a shower in the bathtub, and soon you will find water all filled in the bathroom. This is very very risky.The management needs to look seriously at this. I know of a cousin who broke a leg in Kuala Lumpur on a slippery bathroom. Can we risk that? Rooms have a lovely balcony which do not open due to a broken knob. But the view is nice. Next morning at breakfast you have a lavish spread and your wishes are taken care of instantaneously. There was this young sous chef roaming around with fresh croissants. That reminded me of a scene from ITC Maratha in Mumbai. But keep it up, all these are good sings of good service. At a price you pay for Taj, you can also sleep at the ITC and Marriott in Kolkata. Taj Bengal is pretty old, and the management would be wise to take care of its renovations and facilities to keep attracting loyal customers. Break a leg ? Nah

Dear Guest,

Namashkar and thank you for sharing your valuable feedback!

Firstly, thank you for choosing to stay with us and appreciating our people and the service offerings. However, it was very disappointing for me to learn about your shortfall in experience, which I am certain could have been handled differently. I understand the cause of your discomfort for not being able to live upto your expectation hence, would like to offer my sincere apologies.

We have taken a serious note of each and every recommendation and concern that you have shared regarding your room. I have personally taken this up with the Engineer and Housekeeper to implement the maximum that are possible immediately. You would be glad to know that we are currently undergoing renovation in a phase wise manner where most of your points will get addressed. My apologies for any inconvenience caused to you.

Do let us know when you will be visiting us next so that we could showcase the true Taj hospitality.

Reviewed 20 May 2018

As ever everything was high quality and the service was superb. The TAJ is always consistently excellent. It's also a very central location and convenient to make a base for Calcutta. Breakfast and room service were both very good.

1  Thank shivakabra

Dear Mr. Kabra,

Thank you so much for your kind comments and feedback.

Kind regards,

Reviewed 16 May 2018 via mobile

A very wonderful and welcoming place. Very upscale with satisfactory service. No complaints. A bit disoriented and formal approach. Smiles and warmth missing. This should not appear to reflect any negative view only service has to be sought not offered beforehand.

I hope to stay again and see whether service is offered in an efficient manner and with a smile. Located amid greenery very peaceful.

Date of stay: May 2018
Trip type: Travelled as a couple
1  Thank bb628
SamratDatta_1306, General Manager at Taj Bengal Kolkata, responded to this reviewResponded 18 May 2018

Dear Guest,

Greetings and thank you for sharing your views with us.

On behalf of all of us at Taj Bengal, our apologies for not having lived up to your expectations. Your pointers will certainly aid in refining our processes. We have already introspected and are working towards improvement.

We look forward to welcoming you again and showcase “Tajness”, the personification of all that we stand for.

Reviewed 15 May 2018

its my 4th visit to Taj Bengal & I love this place for great positive vibes. It has nice pool side dining ! Great Ambience and I love to spend more time in Taj, but do you short business & leisure trip.

Room tip: It was very clean and quick service. Good quality bath product.

Dear Mr. Shirke,

Thank you so much for your kind comments and feedback.

I will share your feedback with my team – I am sure they will be as proud as I am.

I thank you for your kind patronage and look forward to meeting you on your next visit to Taj Bengal, Kolkata.