“Acceptable for overnight stopover”
Review of Hotel Airways

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Kolkata
Hotel Airways
Ranked #160 of 334 Kolkata B&B and Inns
Cape Town
“Acceptable for overnight stopover”
Reviewed 21 January 2012

The only reason to stay here is that it is very close to the airport, therefore convenient for a stopover, especially since they offer free airport drop off. They also offer airport pickup for a fee, but the pick up, which I confirmed via email 24 hours in advance, didn't arrive and we had to take a taxi.

Room: relatively clean but very rudimentary. Western bathroom, you'll have to request toilet paper though.
Price: for 1000 rupees a night it is ok.

Just stay for 1 night if you need an airport hotel in Kolkata. Otherwise not recommended.

• Stayed January 2012, travelled with friends
2 Thank HappyFeet84
Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.
JPMiles / Payback Arrow
JPMiles / PAYBACK

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (24)
Reviewed 29 December 2011

Room was okay if the wet room (bathroom) was a bit smelly due to lack of ventilation. Pretty clean and good location and cheap-ish price.

• Stayed December 2011, travelled as a couple
2 Thank AndrewCharlesJackson
Dover, United Kingdom
Reviewed 5 December 2011

I travelled to kolkata on the 22nd November 2011 and stayed at this hotel for a night before i flew back to UK on the 23rd morning flight. Although the hotel is clean still i find that the workers/staff are very indiscipline towards the guests. As i was leving earlty in the morning at 5 in the morning i went down to the reception to get some hot water but the reception was empty and to my surprise all the staff were asleep. I woke one of the staff and asked him to give me hot water but he was very rude and an argument started and he threatened to throw me out of the hotel and to call the security to get rid of my stuff from the room. He refused to give me the hot water which i needed and uses abusive language that too in Hindi which i could not understand except for a few words.Therefore i left the reception and waited for half an hour before i left the hotel. This comment from me is to let my fellow UK citizens as well as others travellers to be careful not to book this hotel while travelling to KOLKATA. I have even sent mails and made phone calls to the manager regarding this matter but they were all ignored.

Room Tip: Rooms are OK but the service is very poor.
  • Stayed November 2011, travelled solo
5 Thank William B
Euless, Texas
Reviewed 27 October 2011

I recenty traveled to Kolkata and had an early morning flight to Mumbai the next day. I had heard of Hotel Airways near the airport decided to chose the Airways. While there are number of more expensive hotels in the area I didn't think it could be so bad that I would have to shift to another hotel at 19:00 hrs.
I had been offered free transport from the hotel but it never materialized. Granted this was the last night of Dusshera and Kolkata was quite hectic I discovered the next morning that the hotel had not one but two vans,. I decided to just forget about since I was extremely tried and in no mood to argue.
From the street the hotel looks rather large and and a spacious lobby but I kept getting the impression that was just a sad hotel.
The men working the front desk just had to sign me in and get me to my room. This was not a easy task as there is no lift in the building. I helped the clerk with my bags and I had abolutely no problem with that since I had flown some 16 hours and just wanted to sleep well.
The room I was given was a bit cell-like with a double bed and a window. I am sure that there was a/c which worked as well hot water. I booked the first shuttle for the airport and called it a night.
Overall the Airport was certainly not the worst place I had stayed in India but would only recommend it for a short stay and look for hotels closer to the city since cab fares are fairly affordable. The Airways has wireless in the lobby only, the rooms were clean although the walls could use a good coat of paint but that is in issue in many, many Indian hotels.

Room Tip: Take the time to look at a few rooms, especially is you're going to stay one more night.
  • Stayed October 2011, travelled with friends
2 Thank Paul H
Rampurhat
Reviewed 12 September 2011

Golam Mohammad
Date-22/08/2011
I booked a single room in this hotel for my stay on 22/08/2011 to take to Kingfisher Airlines from Kolkata NSCBI Airport to Delhi in the next morning at 9 am and 26/08/2011 coming back from Delhi to Kolkata NSCBI Airport at night . I stayed there for two days. Welcome of the Hotel and Room service is enough good. I liked this Hotel because it is very close to Kolkata NSCBI airport gate No.2 and anyone can take flight at early in the morning and at mid-night.I shall stay at this hotel in future to take to flight at morning or at mid-night.

The Single Non AC Room of the hotel is grossly at that a price of Rs 500 for a night. Air-conditioned and non -airconditioned rooms are both at different room rates.

The Location of the Hotel is very close to NSCBI Airport at a walking distance of 1 KM from Airport to Hotel.
The amenities like ,Restaurant ,Internet, Airport Transportation are available here and Dropping to Airport is absolutely free.

The Restaurant of the hotel is on the top floor of the hotel .Take off and Landing of Flight from the Airport is seen from the Restaurant. All the food is available at a reasonal price and the food is also Tasty.Morning Tea is free .
The full address of the Hotel Airways is Gate No.2, Netaji subhas chandra bose International airport, Jessore Road ,Kolkata.

Room Tip: Rooms of the Hotel Airways in front of the Airport have the best views. Take off and landing of Flig...
  • Stayed August 2011, travelled solo