Of all the hotels we have stayed in India thus far, this was one of the best in terms of overall amenities, cleanliness and service. The infinity pool was closed at the time and we were upgraded to a room with a private outdoor jacuzzi and we loved it. Rooms had style and were very clean. Bed was very comfortable. Food was great at the buffet. Service generally at a high level, but even though I went to book the airport shuttle the evening before as it was a very early morning flight, this was somehow missed and the crucial time spent waiting for the shuttle ended up with us missing our flight. The other issue is that this hotel is attached to a large mall close to the airport. Very far from all the sights in Kolkata so would only recommend this place if you want to be close to the airport or just want a place to unwind without going far.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Swissôtel Kolkata is one of the most luxurious addresses in the city of Kolkata which offers well-appointed leisure and business facilities. Boasting an under-one-roof concept, Swissôtel Kolkata has 147 contemporary guest rooms and luxury suites with spectacular Jacuzzis, four restaurants and bars, a fitness centre, a rooftop swimming pool, and over 1261 square meters of meeting space with the largest pillarless banquet in the city. The hotel is part of a new urban development with an attached mall featuring shops, restaurants and a multiplex cinema. Located in Rajarhat beside the IT hub, the hotel offers a distinct mix of leisure and business facilities, and is noted for its unique offering of Swiss hospitality and attention to detail. The award-winning rooftop Sky Lounge is the jewel of the hotel's three restaurants and bar, offering views over the city. An in-house nightclub with resident DJ attracts hip locals and guests alike. The sumptuous breakfast buffet offers a wide range of choices to energise your day.The business centre and two meeting rooms more than cover all your business needs. Over 1000 guests can be accommodated in cocktail/reception style in Bern, the largest pillar-free banqueting facility - and a team of event planners is on hand to help you hold the perfect wedding at Swissotel Kolkata. Swissotel Kolkata's alpine-inspired Purovel Sport offers you an exclusive ambiance in which to continue your exercise routine, with a fully equipped gym and a breathtaking infinity swimming pool on the roof.The hotel has separate smoking and non-smoking floors, there is free internet throughout except in the banquet areas, and secure parking is also available for your vehicle during your stay. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, MakeMyTrip, Hotels.com, Agoda, Prestigia, Ostrovok and TravelGuru so you can book your Swissotel Kolkata reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Swissotel Kolkata Hotel Kolkata (Calcutta)
- Swissotel Kolkata West Bengal