“"Very good service, clean and comfortable"”
Review of Park Prime Kolkata

Park Prime Kolkata
Ranked #101 of 235 Hotels in Kolkata
Reviewed 28 May 2012

I travelled to Kolkata in April for a family wedding and spend two nights in hotel Chrome. I reached there at around 1:00 am and was totally drained out. I was not expecting to get anything to eat at that time of night but to my surprise I get my order placed in my room within 20 mins. Yum grilled sandwiches and a nice coffee. The staff was extremely courteous and quick. The rooms are clean and comfortable though the standing jacuzzi area is quite small. Breakfast I had on both the days are good but can be improved. Location is good but noisy. Overall a good hotel with great service.

• Stayed: April 2012, travelled with family

Reviewed 16 May 2012

I spent a night in March 2012 enroute to Darjeeling and I was very happy with the choice of hotel. Everything from the comfort and cleanliness of my room to the room service and dining was great.

The staff were extremely helpful and courteous. After checking out I had a lot of time to kill as my train was only at night. The staff allowed me to lounge around at the cafe making sure I was always comfortable.

Overall a very pleasant experience.

• Stayed: March 2012
Reviewed 15 May 2012

The rooms are small but good. Very contemporary design with wooden flooring n all (laminates mostly). I didn’t like the extra use of laminates in the room décor particularly. The shower lacks a bathtub (which I hardly use anyway) but has a more practical standing jacuzzi. A lot of good attention has been paid to the lighting. The views from the window are hardly any. The TV is good and the mini bar is well stocked. It’s a low bed which is kind good. So largely I’m fine with the rooms. It’s the rest of it that’s boring. In my 2 week stay at the hotel, I hardly saw people at the hotel, the occupancy isn’t great that is. It could also be because the hotel is new. The overall design of the hotel, interiors & exteriors is slightly cheap. It doesn’t look rich at all. I strongly believe that you can go very contemporary and still retain the rich look and feel which Chrome fails to do. The breakfast buffet is quite small. I didn’t try the restaurant for lunch or dinner, but I did try the 24X7 coffee shop which also serves meal platters and I kinda liked it. And at 500 bucks, the platter was cheap too. The service is slightly better than average. There’s a pool and a pub at the top floor. We tried checking out the pub but they didn’t let us in because we were in floaters and not in shoes, though there were just 2 guests in the pub then with some lousy music playing. But the rooms were quite consistent and I was happy with the rooms.

The location of the hotel is great with almost 24hrd availability of cabs. At AJC Bose road, with offices close by and 20 minutes drive from Park Street and 10 minute walk to the Forum, I think the location of the hotel takes the cake, but so is with another 5 star hotel close by which I prefer over Chrome.

There were no security checks at the entrance and the entrance itself is quite lousy.

In my honest opinion, Chrome can be safe fall back option if you don’t get a booking elsewhere at the eleventh hour.

Room Tip: Ask for rear facing room & not side facing. Side facing rooms have the adjacent building peeping...
  • Stayed: April 2012, travelled on business
Reviewed 8 May 2012

Check In process was smooth though the front desk lady fumbled with my reservation and called me back to deposit some money as security deposit even though my room charges were pre-paid. Welcome drink was given within 5 minutes of me entering the hotel. Very good service and friendly staff. Very good location too. Only downside is the noisy rooms because of the traffic on the road facing the hotel.

Room Tip: Try asking for a room with sound proof windows or those at the back of the hotel. Front rooms are ve...
  • Stayed: April 2012, travelled solo
1  Thank Maverick145
Reviewed 8 May 2012

Chrome is located in the centre of the city. The rooms are clean and services are good. The noise of traffic is a bother and was there even on 5 floor. Wi fi is there. Airport / Railway atation transfer by the hotel is expensive.

Room Tip: A higher floor may mean less noise from traffic
  • Stayed: April 2012, travelled with family