Lowest prices for your stay
Lock in the lowest price from these sites
Trip.com
Traveluro
StayForLong
Hotels.com
Travelocity
1,131 results
All reviews the heart of the city camac street room service five star hotel buffet breakfast victoria memorial front office staff housekeeping staff hhi hindustan myth mr disc ambience spread hospitality banquet
Selected filters
Reviewed 6 November 2021 via mobile

Cannot emphasize how awful this hotel is. Stayed here for a night with my wife. First we were given a room which smelled awful due to smoke smell. Then after we changed the room and went for dinner. We came back to find the entire hallway we were on smelling like garbage and the room just reeking. Also the AC temperature control didn’t work. We were again made to wait for a long time between 1 and 2am to switch rooms for the 3rd time. Please stay away!!!

Room tip: Avoid hotel at all cost. Awful smell, terrible service and looks like the entire hotel is crumbling down
Date of stay: November 2021
Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Reviewed 16 October 2021

Hotel is conveniently situated in the heart of the city, close to Victoria Memorial and Park Street. Hotel has spacious rooms and has an old world charm to it.
It seems Maintenance has taken a back seat. Washrooms in room, toilets, taps etc. needs urgent replacement. Taps are leaking and mostly corroded.
Towels look as if it has been washed in dhobi ghaat instead of Laundromat.
Service is OK but lethargy is clearly visible.
Food is quite OK

Date of stay: August 2021
Reviewed 11 October 2021 via mobile

Hotel Hindustan International, one of the heritage 5star hotels in Kolkata is not so premium after all.

A 1 night stay including complimentary breakfast buffet costed around 5.5k INR.

The hotel has a vallet parking and a huge concierge. The hallway to the room is as messy and dirty as it could get with stuff lying around. I found a few moulds and mushroom growing from the side of the walls.

The room was alright but not at all a heritage hotel quality.

A cup of tea is Rs.200 + taxes but the quality was so not worth it.

Anyway, I was looking forward to the breakfast buffet, but it was just another addition to my disappointment.

They only had Indian spread like idly, vada, puri bhaji , in addition to cornflakes, bread, fruits and juices. I was expecting a continental spread as well which is very common in places like these. The did have "make your own eggs/ dosa " on request but if you don't know they do that, none of the staff had the courtesy to inform you that. The plates,cups, cutleries were dirty and covered in dust. I spent atleast a minute to find a washed and clean cup for my tea.

I still would have let all this go If the food atleast was good, but it was just as tasteless and disappointing as everything else.

Date of stay: October 2021
Trip type: Travelled as a couple
1  Thank desktowheels
Reviewed 18 August 2021 via mobile

My old choice. I know many staffs even. Service is so warm that I do not look for the perfection. Indian restaurant Kalash is my favourite. The ambiance is stale still I am giving them a good rating. Do not forget to bargain to get the best offer.

Room tip: Bargain for the best rate
Date of stay: December 2020
Trip type: Travelled on business
Reviewed 18 May 2021

The ambience and the design are breath-taking, the food is amazing, but what stands out the most is their amazing staff. Superbly trained, polite, helpful and definitely a reason to come back. Excellent position, easy to find.

Room tip: Top floor rooms
Date of stay: December 2020