“Excellent in that location”
Review of Walson Spa "O" Tel

Walson Spa "O" Tel
Ranked #117 of 219 Hotels in Kolkata
“Excellent in that location”
Reviewed 4 May 2012 via mobile

I stayed in this hotel from 7th April for 3 nights..very nice hotel in that location and the price is also reasonable..wifi signal was good nd complementary breakfast was good enough..not so much varieties but ok..location is excellent..my room was on 3rd floor and the only problem is lift was not working, some construction work is going on..staff is helpful and they try their best..I strongly recommend this hotel and I will stay again in my next trip to kolkata

• Stayed April 2012
1 Thank Ssaiki
Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.
JPMiles / Payback Arrow
JPMiles / PAYBACK

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (51)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
New Delhi, India
Reviewed 2 May 2012

I stayed at the Bawa Walson for 1 night and trust me it is one of the best hotels in & around Park Street. I like to read reviews of hotels before planning to stay. What i read online about was that it was under renovation and some reviews were not too good. I crossed my fingers and booked it & i was in for a complete surprise. The hotel is beautifully done with Buddhism being the central theme. Statues & Paintings are put up across the walls of the Hotel which makes it look serene & gives a very chic feel to the hotel.
The Room we stayed in was Executive and we paid Rs 2500(50 $) for it. The original charge is Rs 4500 but since we had booked online we got a 50% discount. The rooms were very good. They are equipped with a Fridge,LCD,Table & Chair, Bed with 8-10 pillows, AC with remote, Bathroom with modern amenities , cupboard with Laundry bag. They also had chips, chocolates, Red Bull, Soft Drinks, Water & Biscuits on pay per usage. The Coffee and tea was complimentary. The Best part was that the Bed was really soft & we did not have to ask for extra pillows.
The Complimentary Breakfast was good. They had a wide variety of items ranging from South Indian to Continental. It also has good room service and the food though a little high priced is worth eating. They also have a restaurant which serves hookah outside.The best part of the Hotel was that we checked out at 2.50 pm although the check out was 12 pm. I had asked for a late check out, but never once did the reception guy called us and kept pestering us to vacate the room.
The Bad part is that the Lift is being prepared so the only way up is to climb and the Spa has still not opened.All in all a great & comfortable stay at a fair price. My partner & me were really happy & have decided to return to this hotel on our next visit.

Room Tip: Not much difference between Executive & Deluxe room and the size is almost the same too..Select...
  • Stayed April 2012, travelled as a couple
2 Thank lonelysteps
Nashik, India
Reviewed 26 April 2012

I stayed in this hotel for a couple of nights during a business trip. It's a nice hotel located about 5 minutes walk from Park Street.

The room was good. It had all the necessary amenities including good AC, tea maker, good lighting etc. The room was clean. The bathroom was also good with an excellent shower.

Yes, the room was quite small and the bathroom was just tiny, but at the very competitive price and great location, this was really not a problem.

The food was also good and the complimentary breakfast was basic but sufficient. The service provided by the staff is what has earned the extra star for this hotel. They were smiling and always willing to help.

The only drawback in my stay was that the wifi, which although free was available only in the restaurant. There was absolutely no reception in the rooms. I was in room #209, which was overlooking the restaurant and so I was able to get a slight reception by the window. But nothing in the room. There is also no computer for guests. The reception staff allowed me to use their computer for my flight web check-in.

Overall, it was a very pleasant experience and I will be sure to come back during my next visit to Kolkata.

Room Tip: Try and get rooms facing the front of the hotel as there is absolutely no view at the back. The fron...
  • Stayed April 2012, travelled on business
3 Thank Axi13
London, United Kingdom
Reviewed 3 April 2012

After an awful night across the road at the Hotel Diplomat, I moved in here. The room on the 3rd floor was nicely furnished, and was clean and comfortable. The wifi signal was strong, so I assume there are boosters on every floor. I had negotiated a good rate when I checked in, so breakfast wasn't included. I did eat in the hotel restaurant twice though, and enjoyed the food both times. The front desk manager printed off my flight confirmation, and refused payment. I left a t-shirt in the wardobe when I checked out - when I came back to Calcutta, the staff had it waiting for me. Would definately come back again - they have the best rooms on Sudder St (I looked at quite a few hotels). If I had paid full rate, then it would have been overpriced.

• Stayed March 2012, travelled solo
3 Thank A380fan
New Delhi
Reviewed 30 March 2012 via mobile

I was dumped in this hotel by our travel desk as most other hotels like HHI,Park etc were full on that day! Rooms are small but ok. Staff speaks ok English. But the food is unnecessarily expansive as per local standard. Get in only if you don't have any other option. Not recommended for families. Breakfast is extremely poor. You can get better hotels in this price in Kolkata.

Stayed January 2012

Travellers are raving about these Kolkata hotels