Hotel is a heritage place with 4 cottages and 8 rooms.
Pros & Cons ::
First the cons :
1. The location is away from the Mall Road 2. The approach road is not clean, not suitable for evening or morning stroll 3. The construction is pretty old, with wooden flooring and ceiling. 4. Occupants of rooms on ground floor can hear footsteps of first floor occupants. 5. As the walls are not sound proof, the conversations of neighbors can be heard, thus loss of privacy 6. East side rooms are not having mountain view. 7. Slope of bathroom tiles is not properly designed, leading to water logging. 8. Poor plumbing fittings in Deluxe rooms. 9. Poor illumination 10. Poor room service.
Now the pros :
1. Beautiful view of the valley from West side rooms 2. Excellent food, specially when ordered individually 3. Courteous staff in the restaurant 4. Beautiful well maintained lawns. 5. Spacious suites and cottages 6. Nice fragrance in the lobby areas 7. Close to railway station, hence nostalgic smell of burning coal in steam engines with famous whistle can be enjoyed 8. Possible unhindered view of Kanchanjunga and Everest, if skies are clear. 9. Elegant surroundings with close proximity to nature (flora and fauna).
Overall satisfactory experience. Avoid Rhododendron room, which is a store room converted to Deluxe room.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Summit Swiss Heritage Hotel is one of the prides of Darjeeling yester years. The hotel boasts of its rich history and modern amenities. It has a unique old style British colonial architecture dating back to 1914. The rooms are spacious, elegantly furnished and many of these offer spectacular view of the mountains around Darjeeling. The garden and the lawns are an asset. Looking north from the Swiss, the snow- capped ranges of Mt. Kanchenjunga is the main attraction. Located on Gandhi Road, walking distance from Chowrasta, Summit Swiss Heritage Hotel is an oasis of calm on the bustling promenade. Swiss is known for its architecture dating from the colonial era. The hotel is within walking distance of Darjeeling attractions. Summit Swiss Heritage Hotel embodies the elegance and charm of ancient Darjeeling, with modern conveniences of today. The hotel maintains the highest levels of service and has all the amenities, facilities and levels of comfort you would expect. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Ibibo Web Pvt. Ltd. , MakeMyTrip, ClearTrip, Yatra, Djubo, Agoda and TravelGuru so you can book your Summit Swiss Heritage Hotel & Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.