“Could Be Better”

Ranked #22 of 98 Hotels in Darjeeling
Perth, Western Australia
“Could Be Better”
Reviewed 25 March 2012

An historic building. Our suite was large and the bathroom recently but poorly renovated.
Management and staff, though keen to please, need additional training. Serving hot food on cold plates in the winter is not acceptable!
No Wifi.

• Stayed March 2012, travelled with friends
1 Thank Hasherd
SumitMitruka, Guest Relations Manager at Summit Swiss Heritage Hotel & Spa, responded to this review, 16 December 2015

Namaste!

Thank you for your recent stay and valuable feedback

Please accept my sincere apologies for all the inconvenience caused to you during your recent stay with us.

I have taken the liberty to share your valuable feedback with all my team. We are looking into all the issues caused very minutely and would immediately instigate corrective action, hence would ensure that no guest in future ever faces any such problems.

Request you to kindly allow us the privilege of having you at The Summit once more and hence give us another opportunity to exhibit the changes and improvements.

Guest Relations Manager.
Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.
JPMiles / Payback Arrow
JPMiles / PAYBACK

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (96)
AHMEDABAD
Reviewed 24 March 2012

Well, I was on a Business trip at Darjeeling, but also took my fiancee with me as surprise. I didnt had the luxury of booking, and although I always have a business stay voucher of MAYFAIR'S that could be redeemed . But, my business was besides and at Gandhi Road, a bit away from Mayfair hotel, so I needed a good class of Hotel for comfort to my fiancee as well.
Then our driver took us to this amazing Hotel.
First of all, here is Luxury redefined not at the bewildering high-end prices of MAYFAIR'S AND WINDAMERE'S but quite capable for a man to afford.
Second, GREAT VIEW OF MOUNTAIN PEAKS from the Hotel along with the close proximity to Movies and shopping centers, which in turn helped me out as I didn't had to walk long distance for our business delegations.
Third, Considering about the Room aroma and Decor, they were great, a bit large rooms as courteous as the staff around here, luxurious a bit. My fiancee liked that too, She always had a word about it.

Fourth, I read somewhere that Dartmoordan daydreamed, "For me it would be a long one to Asia, Australia, New Zealand round the Pacific to Hawaii. I'd travel on a luxury line with a balcony cabin and around 500 passengers spending two days in each port. I can dream can't I?"
“If the stranger says unto thee…..that thirsteth, give him a cup of tea. This is what Confucius had said. Darjeeling Tea cannot be produced anywhere else except the Darjeeling Hills.
And its absolutely true, not only the Tea, but the food was one of the best tastes of Darjeeling, intelligently served and the bakery was okay.
My last and the most Important aspect is Hospitality as its the Hospitality which stands for a Hotel, the courteousness, the desire to work as a human not as a Robotic machine. Here they are the best. Manager Intelligent and sober, every staff having the utmost desire to work and of cos, they are really courteous.
Didn't sleep well though due to frequent business meetings.
ITS THE HOSPITALITY I WANT AND IT WAS THE BEST SO I SAVED IT FOR THE LAST.
WOULD COME BACK AGAIN FOR SURE.

• Stayed May 2011, travelled on business
1 Thank swatxander
SumitMitruka, Guest Relations Manager at Summit Swiss Heritage Hotel & Spa, responded to this review, 29 October 2015

Namaste!

Thank you for staying at the Summit Hotels and Resorts and for sharing detailed feedback of your stay through TripAdvisor.

We are very happy to learn that you had an enjoyable stay with us. And, that our overall service and facilities exceeded your expectations.

Our team is committed to exceeding our guest’s expectations, and your feedback motivates the team to strive harder.

We are delighted to have been of service to you and would await your next visit so that you can avail more of our services and have another such time to cherish!

MUMBAI
Reviewed 27 July 2011

i like thi shotel very much , i used this hertiage hotel since long time for my stay
room is best with wooden flooring ,
location is in quite place
best is Mr.paras GM serivice and way of talking , hotel is best parts
food is good

• Stayed May 2011, travelled with family
1 Thank SHREERAJYASH

Bangkok, Thailand
Reviewed 26 July 2011

This hotel came recommended to me by some friends who have been there and it was indeed a good recommendation!
The hotel is actually the 2nd oldest in Darjeeling and was formerly a bakery. The location is great, it is about 100m away from the toy train track so every morning you can take a slow walk and watch the train drive past. Having said that, the train isn't very noisy so you don't have to worry about the noise.
The rooms are huge! The one I stayed in had a living area and a bedroom. It is warm and comfortable in the room even when it is cold outside. To me, toilet is very important and at The Swiss Hotel, the toilet is very clean and hot water comes readily. So that was a plus point for me. There are bigger suites/2 stories houses for family and they are pretty and cosy. When I was there, there was a family staying long term in one of these 'houses'.
Within the hotel compound, there is actually a swing and a little garden where you can sit and enjoy the view of Darjeeling and watch the stars in the night! It very pretty view and calming for me to just chill and talk to friends.
The staffs are helpful and accommodating.
Furthermore, this hotel is part of Help Tourism which uses tourism as a platform to promote conservation and sustainable development. So do support them : )

• Stayed April 2011, travelled with friends
2 Thank SzeMin

Bhadrakh
Reviewed 8 January 2010

It was my first experience in Darjeeling and I have to attend some business meeting. The location was excellent considering that it was nearer to our working campus. The staffs are very polite and helpful. Market places are very near and even there is a shortcut root for nearby BIGBAZAAR and INOX movie hall. We got very good bargain for many winter clothes of excellent quality from local shops. One problem is that all shops are closed around 6 O’ clock evening, even on a normal day. Since we stayed for two weeks, we have gone for many sights seeing like tea gardens, tiger hills, zoo, mountaineering institute, Gangamaya etc, not so far from the hotel. Though it was winter, we enjoyed a lot, as temperature was not so bad during our stay. There are TV, shower, hotwater and regular room service. The most interesting fact about the hotel is their intelligently given traditional room names. The other one is the photocopy of a signature register belonging to guests of their hotel, during pre-independence period. Overall considering all the aspects, the hotel will be in the upper band of hotels in Darjeeling.

• Liked — Behaviour of the staffs
  • Stayed December 2009, travelled on business
    • Check-in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
1 Thank Tutunu