“October 2016 2 Week Darjeeling Journey”
Review of Seven Seventeen

Seven Seventeen
Ranked #16 of 100 Hotels in Darjeeling
Reviewed 14 December 2016

I was lucky enough for a month long adventure in Darjeeling and I was lucky enough to book a room at Hotel Seven Seventeen in Darjeeling. I have to say I love this hotel and it's staff is exceptional. Clean, friendly, in the heart of Darjeeling and close to many places to eat shop and pilgrimage spots. I spent 2 weeks there at a great rate and ate mostly at the in house restaurant for breakfast and dinner and was equally pleased with both. Shower and plumbing was fine and everything was reasonably priced and I was on a budget. My girlfriend also enjoyed the hotel and for couples it's ideal as it's in the heart of the city yet have an amazing view and easy and not deal with too much noise pollution. Safety was top notched and at no points was there issue with bills or having my card (USA Bank Debit Visa Card) accepted. As always in Darjeeling it's slightly easier to go with someone who speaks the language but the staff if fluent and comfortable in English. Darjeeling is truly a home away form home for me and I look forward to another journey to see Tashi and his lovely family. Highly recommend.

• Stayed: October 2016, travelled as a couple
1  Thank incufish23
105717, Owner at Seven Seventeen, responded to this reviewResponded 24 December 2016

Dear Guest

Thank you so much for rating us with 5 star for whcih we really very much appreciate with thanks
WE will try our best to uphold the trust and garner more 5 star ratings from all our residents guest

Jigme

Reviewed 13 December 2016

it is a really good place to stay in darjeeling. All meals and amenities you get are laudable. the staff is also good natured. Small gift shop inside the hotel is superb and you will get amazed by their amicable support to everyone. you can buy awesome good stuff in reasonable price from their shop. you can also visit the darjeeling market as it is walking distance from this hotel.

• Stayed: November 2016, travelled with family

Dear Guest

Than k you so much for a rating us with 4 star for which we appreciate very much

WE will try to live upto your expectation and do hope that you will keep in your mailing list and patronize us in future as well

Jigme D Bhutia

Reviewed 1 December 2016 via mobile

My husband and I stayed here for 2nights and had a wonderful experience. The staff are very friendly and the owner Yeshie (so sorry if that is spelt wrong!) was lovely and couldn't do enough to help us with information on the area and things to do!
The beds are big and comfortable with plenty of blankets. They even gave us a hot water bottle when we went to bed which we thought was a great touch :)
We ate our main meals here. The chef is fantastic. They had a wide range of vegetarian meals for me and plenty of meat for my husband. Try the momos!
The hotel is in a great location, very easy to walk to everything
(Tip in regards to the train ride to Ghum and back - get the normal train instead of steam as its half the price and does exact same route pretty much at the same time. And if you're going to tiger hill I wouldn't bother doing the train at all as the route is the same, the tracks go along the road.)
All in all a great stay and we would definitely stay again
Thanks again!

Stayed: November 2016, travelled as a couple

Dear Guest

We are very happy that you like our hotel and thank you so much for rating us with 5 star
rating for which we really appreciate with thanks

Hope that You will keep in your mailing list and patronize us in future as well

Jigme

Reviewed 26 November 2016 via mobile

It's a nice hotel owned by a Tibetan family. We stayed in 3rd floor Kanchenjunga facing room. It was nice. Bathroom was standard but clean. Room service boys regularly clean rooms. One more thing to mention is their food. It's awesome. Especially chicken sizzler and grilled chicken items and obviously the non veg club sandwich all with very reasonable price. They also run a small gift shop. Travel desk arrange cars with reasonable rate for excursion.

Stayed: November 2016, travelled with family

Dear Sir

Thank you so much for rating our hotel and NIce and Clean hotel.

for which we appreciate and do hope that you will keep us in your mailing list and patronize us in future as well

Jigme D Bhutia

Reviewed 22 November 2016

This was a last minute booking and I was misled by the higher rating. Other than the fact that this hotel lies bang on the down town / shopping district & they have a great restraunt. Nothing else goes in its favour, IMHO.

First its located down a road where the cars just cant go cause of massive traffic jams. I had to wheel down my luggage from the entrance of the road and again wheel up the incline on the day of departure. Its a good 500 odd meters on a steep incline before you reach the junction beyond which taxi drivers dread to drive in.
Second the windows open to some of the dingiest streets I have come across and its well past midnight before the street noise drowns out.
Third the rooms are horrible, the first room I got, the bathroom doors wont shut and the room reeked of the smell. The second room I got was a wee bit better but i could constantly here people walking on the wodden floor board above. I hardly could get a decent sleep on both nights.
Last, over all cleanliness is a big let down, both the hotel and the vicinity. Its like staying in the bylanes of GrantRoad, Mumbai, if you know what I mean.

Their only saving grace is the restaurant and I had to have all my meal there, thanks to the demonitization phenomena which started midway through my travel. I was not disappointed at any time. However, I would rather stay elsewhere and come here just for a chow.

Easily one of the worst places I have stayed in my travel experience and perhaps thats why am more disappointed than I should be !

• Stayed: November 2016, travelled as a couple
4  Thank Srikanth80

Dear Sir

Our humble apologies for all the inconveniences you had to faced during your stay here with us. It is very much true that our hotel is located in a narrow lane but vehicle do reach upto the hotel. I dont know why the driver caused you so much of trouble, had you inform us we would have reached your luggage to your taxi.

WE are indeed very sorry for the inconvenience

Any way glad that you liked our Restaurant and the cuisines which we serve.