My husband and I stayed here for 2nights and had a wonderful experience. The staff are very friendly and the owner Yeshie (so sorry if that is spelt wrong!) was lovely and couldn't do enough to help us with information on the area and things to do!
The beds are big and comfortable with plenty of blankets. They even gave us a hot water bottle when we went to bed which we thought was a great touch :)
We ate our main meals here. The chef is fantastic. They had a wide range of vegetarian meals for me and plenty of meat for my husband. Try the momos!
The hotel is in a great location, very easy to walk to everything
(Tip in regards to the train ride to Ghum and back - get the normal train instead of steam as its half the price and does exact same route pretty much at the same time. And if you're going to tiger hill I wouldn't bother doing the train at all as the route is the same, the tracks go along the road.)
All in all a great stay and we would definitely stay again
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Conveniently located in the heart of the town, Hotel Seven Seventeen is the ideal place to stay in whether you are here for holiday or on business trip. The Mall, main bus and taxi stands, local market, banks and entertainment centers are all within walking distance from the hotel. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, MakeMyTrip, Yatra, ClearTrip, Agoda and TravelGuru so you can book your Seven Seventeen reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Seven Seventeen Darjeeling
- Seven Seventeen Hotel Darjeeling