Overall the stay was quite disappointing. Every day we had trouble with the electricity supply and that although we asked the manager about it before checking in. Well, when the problem occurred the 1st time, we were told that with the generator we just would have light. The worst happened on the 2nd day though: We came back from a long walk in the cold rain and there was no electricity at all in our room. And just in our room. So basically we had to sit close to 2hrs in a dark, cold room and were not even offered hot drinks. I called the reception numerous times and was always told that the problem would be solved soon. The manager did not even come down once.
Another issue we had was the food. We were told that the only offered package included dinner. Well, so when we ordered the 1st evening there was half of the stuff not available. Only Indian and Chinese was. And even what was available was very disappointing: My husband ordered Chilly chicken which was chicken in some tomato gravy. The french fries were extremely soggy and tasted old. Half of the food we did not eat because it was just too bad. We complained the next day and then - all of a sudden- it was possible to change the package to one without dinner.... Breakfast was ok but not great: as fresh fruits just banana and apples, the juice was also not good and they added lots of water and sugar.
A further issue was the shower: There was no proper shower head, instead they have put a bum shower! No further comment....
Nevertheless there were also a few good things: The view was amazing, it was more quiet than the hotels at the mall, and they gave hot water bottles in the evenings.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Central Heritage (formerly Fortune Resort Central) is a luxury holiday resort in Darjeeling, offering an experience of British heritage which has been a part of Darjeeling for more than a hundred years. The luxurious hotel is located near ‘the Mall’ and ‘Chowrasta’, the most famous spots and centre of all leisure activities of this beautiful hill station. The heritage block of this classic hotel was built in 1905 and offers elegantly appointed rooms with all the modern amenities. Experience the lavish 'British Raj' lifestyle as you take time off to relax and unwind yourself amidst breathtaking views. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Agoda, ClearTrip, TravelGuru and Hotels.com so you can book your Central Heritage Resort and Spa, Darjeeling reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Fortune Resort Central, Darjeeling Hotel Darjeeling
- Fortune Hotel Central Darjeeling