Contact accommodation for availability.
There are similar hotels available.
All reviews orange garden home stay evening snacks play guitar super deluxe cottage home away from home host mr city life food quality modern facilities room service great hospitality room heater warmth balcony nature tea
Selected filters
Reviewed 4 October 2016

I had stayed for 2 Nigh in this guest house and I enjoy it a lot along with my family. The Guest House is a small hamlet in the surrounding forest. A lovely place to enjoy the nature wiht worl class hospitality provided by Mr & Mrs Gurung and Family. They always concern about our comfortable stay there and followed up with us for every now then. The food prepared by Mrs Gurung herself and in one words it is awesome. I liked the Achar and the local Fish fry a lot apart form the chicken kosha prepared there. I wish them for there future endeavor caudally and can say ""aging come enjoy the nature with the world class hospitality...""

Room tip: You can go for 'Honey Moon Cottage or the family cottages"
Date of stay: November 2015
  • Trip type: Travelled with family
3  Thank kousiks447
Reviewed 13 July 2016

While we stayed there, most of the staff were on leave as tourists generally don't go there during monsoon. SO for most obvious reasons, the quality & quantity of food was poor. The hospitality was bad.

The only advantage of staying there was the beatific view of hills from the rooms and balcony. Sunrise and Sunset are euphoric.

Room tip: Try to avoid the double bedded 4 consecutive rooms. Toilets have no doors , only curtains
Date of stay: July 2016
  • Trip type: Travelled with friends
4  Thank Swagata D
Reviewed 12 July 2016

First things first, if you are making plans to visit Tinchuley in the foreseeable future, stay at Gurung Guest House...period.
The excellent location, outstanding service and mouth-watering delicacies of this facility are every bit a part of the isolated and unkempt beauty of Tinchuley. The panoramic views of Kalimpong hills and the Tista valley from the balcony will tempt you to never leave the premises of the guest house. But if you do manage to cross the threshold, the Kanchenjunga view point is a mere 700 meters walk away. Owner Mr. Dipendra Gurung is an affable and gracious host, and will go out his way to make your stay more pleasurable. He is the resident bird-watching expert and will provide you with the essential checklist. The remarkable thing is that, most of those birds you can observe from the balcony of the guest house!
All in all, Gurung Guest House epitomizes your dream abode in the hills and a stay in this little gem of a home stay will only leave you wanting for more.

Room tip: Rooms adjacent to the balcony
Date of stay: July 2016
  • Trip type: Travelled with friends
2  Thank tushar823
Dipendra G, Owner at Gurung Guest House, responded to this reviewResponded 13 July 2016

Dear Tushar,

Thank you for your kind words ... it's priceless and makes our day special.
Next time I'm going to join you with my guitar and look forward to better birdwatching days.
Cheers to your friends.

Reviewed 6 July 2016

Let me be honest, if you have not visits any hill station then you “may” find this place good for you with the assumption that you are travelling in a very-very-very large group.
For any family guy OR bachelor with small group, your face color may fade after six hours of check-in, actually there is nothing which can encourage you to stay there.
For room, it seems to me overpriced, at any day I do prefer to stay at Rinchenpong,Sikkim with better accommodation and service.
Room service is totally not exists.
For food, there breakfast was truly awesome, lunch and dinner are average. Caution: They charge FULL price of meal for even a less than they year old kids. If you are planning to visit there, please do a tough negotiation. Since the place is located really remote area, there is no alternative option. You may not ask for any On-Demand snacks during booze .So, remember to carry a lots of peanut and snacks.
You may purchase beer from them and they actually import liquor from Sikkim to avoid state govt tax and if you are highly unlucky like us you, may end up with beer which is already expired. So, always remember to check for expiry date anything you buy from them.

Room tip: All are same.
Date of stay: January 2016
  • Trip type: Travelled with family
13  Thank TaiAmiJajabor
Dipendra G, Owner at Gurung Guest House, responded to this reviewResponded 28 April 2018

Dear Sir,

You are so weird …. hahaha. Actually your words are an exact reflection of who you really are. And that is “Another Wannabe”.

I just hope we do not get such weird people like you here.

You are weird because I mean .. hahaha …. just compare your experiences to the experiences shared by other guests. I guess you missed the real essence of the place and am really sorry for the same.
You are weird because you drink “Booze” (i.e. Beer) at temperatures almost zero degrees during winters in Tinchuley (January).
You are weird because you suddenly plan to rate us during July (i.e. 7 months after your visit). Did you finally wake up? Hahahaha.

Dude, Gurung Guest House is not a Hotel or a Resort but a rustic mountain homestay where even women drink only local “rakshi” and rum, and that includes my most honoured female guests too. Your “booze” is a normal beverage here. It’s not a place for room service seeking Pansies who is always looking for help for even the minutest needs. This place thrives on the serenity, silence and beauty which Tinchuley commands coupled with the rustic but homely ambience of the homestay, which weirdos like you will never understand because you are too obsessed with your “Booze”, “On-demand snacks" and "Room Service". You seem a typical DIPUDA . Wannabe off-beat travellers like you are not welcome. Because you will never understand remote off-beat destinations and speciality lodgings.

Also stop trying to be a wanna-be Trip Advisor reviewer, you’ve failed miserably! I’m sure people are already laughing at you so much!

However I seriously advice you to avoid these kind of speciality destinations in future as you will again miss the real essence of the place there too. Rather, stay comfortable in a city hotel as I guess that's what you seem to enjoy the most.

So please stick on to your kind of hotels where you will be “Room Serviced" your “On-demand Snacks” …. hahaha. (Thank God, it’s not “On-demand Sex”).

Cheers!

Reviewed 26 June 2016 via mobile

We visited this place in June 2016. It was a family vacation and both me and my wife thank our stars that we chose this to be our primary location over other better known destinations in North Bengal. The home stay was perfect in every respect. The ambience was awesome ..the food best we ever had anywhere we travelled in India - but the superlative best was the people who manage this home stay. Such caring, friendly and cordial hosts they were, it was exactly like staying at our own home. My two kids 5 and 2 fell in love with this place. It was really difficult to leave the place - they wanted to stay on. We had a cottage with an exlusive balcony opening on to the forest .. morning tea sitting on that balcony was the most relaxing experience I had ever. At night the subtle sounds of the jungle cradles you to deep sleep - out of the world.
Most highly recommended if you are trying to escape and want to meet some really terrific people.

Date of stay: June 2016