“Cosiest place in Darjeeling”
Review of Revolver

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Darjeeling
Revolver
Reviewed 19 April 2017

I have a wonderful 3-night stay at Revolver in the middle of a 2-week trip through Northeast India. It is a wonderfully cosy little place, and very well looked-after.

I arrived a little bit sick from something dodgy I ate on the train, and cosied up into my bed (electric blanket was a BIG plus!!), and felt so happy. The rooms are small but comfortable, and I wouldn't have changed a thing about them. Revolver is excellent value and the staff were super lovely. Location was central, although
the road running alongside Revolver is busy and polluted.

Aside from that, I wouldn't have changed a thing.

On a side note, I stayed as a solo female, and felt very comfortable, and my privacy was completely respected.

Room Tip: I loved the Brian Eno room (everyone's favourite Beatle...)- hillside views.
  • Stayed: April 2017, travelled solo
Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.
JPMiles / Payback Arrow
There are newer reviews for Revolver

Reviewed 17 April 2017

We were 8 and an infant. We took 4 rooms except Paul. It is probably the cheapest hotel in Darjeeling, but without any doubt it is one of best hotels in India I have ever stayed in. They fulfill all your needs that they promise, if not more. After dropping our luggage, we went out to see some places nearby (yes, few were there for the first time). Once we were back, our rooms were ready and the sweetest thing was, they had noticed my little son (9 months) was there, they silently put an oil cloth in our room. They even serve baby-foods like Khichdi, Boiled rice vegetables (see Menu) for the infants. You don’t even need to carry sterilizer or water heater if you are staying there, because they clean and sterilize utensils for the baby and provided hot water whenever required.
The food (obviously, they serve for adults as well) was excellent. Taste and quality wise it was so good, you can feel how much effort they put on each and everything. People serving there (Sailesh and other) were very humble and ready to help you all the time. While departing our cab was 2 hours late and we had already checked out. We were waiting at the reception with our luggage. Sailesh came to me and said, “Sir, please let me know if you need to use the bathroom or need anything else”
I am definitely going back to this place. Last day was not so misty and we could see Kangchenjunga from the room (John and Brian have this facility)

On a lighter note. As you must be aware it is a Beatles themed Hotel, but has five rooms. When I first heard about this place few years back I was a little skeptical about what the name would be for the fifth room and thought it was Yoko. But felt so good to see there are people who remembered Brian Epstein.

• Stayed: April 2017, travelled with friends
Reviewed 14 April 2017

I love this place. The ambience, food & friendly staff. The hotel is clean and our room was spotless. The room was very comfortable for 2 adult and 2 kids. The price also affordable. They arranged us for local sight seeing also. I will strongly recommend this place for people who are looking for budget hotel with clean and spotless room, comfortable mattress with heating blankets, free wifi, dish tv... and a homely food.

Room Tip: Prefer room John to view kanchenchunga.
  • Stayed: March 2017, travelled with family
Reviewed 27 March 2017

We stayed in this hotel during our visit to Darjeeling during May, 2016. The owned Vikash is very helpful as well the manager (I can't recall his name, very sorry for that).
They were very prompt in response to all your needs during from the very start day I started contacting Vikash for the trip and hotel booking. Food was also nice and tasty.
I would recommend this hotel to all planning for a trip to Darjeeling.

• Stayed: May 2016, travelled with friends
Reviewed 10 March 2017

Stayed here in late February with my boyfriend. Wish we could have stayed longer! As there are only 5 rooms, they tend to get booked out pretty early/easily. The booking process was very straightforward and smooth. We stayed in room "Paul". It was perfect for 2 people, though people wanting a bit more space might prefer George or another room.
The personal attention and care given by the owners, Vikash and Asenla, truly make Revolver an excellent stay. The electric heaters in the blankets are great touch (and very necessary in the cold). Fresh towels are provided and there's a nice welcome kit once you enter your room with a few toiletries, chips and chocolates.
The location is great - it's close enough to most places you'd want to visit, and yet secluded from the chaos. This is a budget stay, so people expecting "full-time 5 star service" might be disappointed. Hot water is available from about 6am to 9pm I think, and WIFI from 8am to 8pm.
The food is amazing - we had breakfasts and dinners there on all days and loved it. Eggs, pancakes, and greaaat coffee (beans roasted in-house I think) and tea for breakfast, and truly yummy local and Naga food for dinner. All the platters (Naga, Yahako, Continental) are especially great and the portions are big. We also tried the Smoked Pork with yam leaves which was delicious. We bought some of the teas and local handmade soaps they stock.
All in all a great experience and we'd love to be back.

Room Tip: Paul was great and on clear days one can see views of the mountains I think.
  • Stayed: February 2017, travelled as a couple