“Best Budget B&B”
Review of Revolver

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Darjeeling
Revolver
Reviewed 14 April 2017

I love this place. The ambience, food & friendly staff. The hotel is clean and our room was spotless. The room was very comfortable for 2 adult and 2 kids. The price also affordable. They arranged us for local sight seeing also. I will strongly recommend this place for people who are looking for budget hotel with clean and spotless room, comfortable mattress with heating blankets, free wifi, dish tv... and a homely food.

Room Tip: Prefer room John to view kanchenchunga.
  • Stayed: March 2017, travelled with family
Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.
JPMiles / Payback Arrow
There are newer reviews for Revolver

Reviewed 27 March 2017

We stayed in this hotel during our visit to Darjeeling during May, 2016. The owned Vikash is very helpful as well the manager (I can't recall his name, very sorry for that).
They were very prompt in response to all your needs during from the very start day I started contacting Vikash for the trip and hotel booking. Food was also nice and tasty.
I would recommend this hotel to all planning for a trip to Darjeeling.

• Stayed: May 2016, travelled with friends
Reviewed 10 March 2017

Stayed here in late February with my boyfriend. Wish we could have stayed longer! As there are only 5 rooms, they tend to get booked out pretty early/easily. The booking process was very straightforward and smooth. We stayed in room "Paul". It was perfect for 2 people, though people wanting a bit more space might prefer George or another room.
The personal attention and care given by the owners, Vikash and Asenla, truly make Revolver an excellent stay. The electric heaters in the blankets are great touch (and very necessary in the cold). Fresh towels are provided and there's a nice welcome kit once you enter your room with a few toiletries, chips and chocolates.
The location is great - it's close enough to most places you'd want to visit, and yet secluded from the chaos. This is a budget stay, so people expecting "full-time 5 star service" might be disappointed. Hot water is available from about 6am to 9pm I think, and WIFI from 8am to 8pm.
The food is amazing - we had breakfasts and dinners there on all days and loved it. Eggs, pancakes, and greaaat coffee (beans roasted in-house I think) and tea for breakfast, and truly yummy local and Naga food for dinner. All the platters (Naga, Yahako, Continental) are especially great and the portions are big. We also tried the Smoked Pork with yam leaves which was delicious. We bought some of the teas and local handmade soaps they stock.
All in all a great experience and we'd love to be back.

Room Tip: Paul was great and on clear days one can see views of the mountains I think.
  • Stayed: February 2017, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 25 February 2017 via mobile

I'll keep this short but sweet. Me and my girlfriend Ananya stayed at this wonderfully located homage to the Beatles for 2 nights, on Saturday 3rd and Sunday 4th of December 2016, and we loved the place. To begin, we were greeted by Vikash, the friendly owner, then an adorable mountain cat, a selection of Tintin books, and finally our room, George (my fave Beatle). The hotel is clean and our room was spotless. We had hot water in the afternoon's, the double bed had a heating blanket (life saver), and the food we ate here was delicious. Also, the hotel was close by to the centre of town, and we were lucky enough to catch a glimpse of the awe inspiring mount Kangchenjunga (which friend's told us is rare), but sadly on our departure, Vikash had kindly handed to us two charming Beatles art works, yet in our haste to catch our flight, we left the posters in the Taxi :-/ sorry Vikash, but hopefully we will be back again soon to reclaim them :-)

Stayed: December 2016, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 18 February 2017

Stayed in the room ringo for about a week. It was a pleasant and comfortable stay. The room, lobby, restaurant and the reception area were all clean and well serviced. Its a very small establishment but the care with which it is run makes your stay there compareable to four star property.

They know some great local cab drivers who can chauffer you around.

I am skipping the details of the rooms and the lodge since it is already covered in the other reviews.

The restaurant is staffed by just a few people but it is efficient enough to provide a great service. The food is excellent and a must try.

There were a few minor issues. Our bathroom did not have a window pane, just a net with a cloth as a cover. I hope this is a temporary thing. If you are a strict vegetarian, which most north-indians and jains are, you may get a hard time with the food. I think they do not fully understand the religiosity with which some follow vegetarianism. Once we ordrerd veg fried rice and found a few pieces of chicken in it. This made my wife very uncomfortable. On several ocassions they served toasts and sausages on the same plate, even though we had asked them to serve veg and nonveg items in separate utensils. I guess the fact that i was non-veg and my wife complete veg confused them somehow. My tip to other travellers is to be more upfront about such requirements.

However, the overall stay was so comfortable and the people managing the lodge so nice and warm that i would easily neglect these gaffes.

Recommend this place to anyone looking for a comfortable budget and mid range stay in Darjeeling.

Stayed: February 2017, travelled as a couple