“Tintin would be proud!”
Review of Revolver

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Darjeeling
Revolver
London, England, United Kingdom
“Tintin would be proud!”
Reviewed 25 February 2017 via mobile

I'll keep this short but sweet. Me and my girlfriend Ananya stayed at this wonderfully located homage to the Beatles for 2 nights, on Saturday 3rd and Sunday 4th of December 2016, and we loved the place. To begin, we were greeted by Vikash, the friendly owner, then an adorable mountain cat, a selection of Tintin books, and finally our room, George (my fave Beatle). The hotel is clean and our room was spotless. We had hot water in the afternoon's, the double bed had a heating blanket (life saver), and the food we ate here was delicious. Also, the hotel was close by to the centre of town, and we were lucky enough to catch a glimpse of the awe inspiring mount Kangchenjunga (which friend's told us is rare), but sadly on our departure, Vikash had kindly handed to us two charming Beatles art works, yet in our haste to catch our flight, we left the posters in the Taxi :-/ sorry Vikash, but hopefully we will be back again soon to reclaim them :-)

Stayed December 2016, travelled as a couple
Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.
JPMiles / Payback Arrow
JPMiles / PAYBACK

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (57)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
Kharagpur, India
Reviewed 18 February 2017

Stayed in the room ringo for about a week. It was a pleasant and comfortable stay. The room, lobby, restaurant and the reception area were all clean and well serviced. Its a very small establishment but the care with which it is run makes your stay there compareable to four star property.

They know some great local cab drivers who can chauffer you around.

I am skipping the details of the rooms and the lodge since it is already covered in the other reviews.

The restaurant is staffed by just a few people but it is efficient enough to provide a great service. The food is excellent and a must try.

There were a few minor issues. Our bathroom did not have a window pane, just a net with a cloth as a cover. I hope this is a temporary thing. If you are a strict vegetarian, which most north-indians and jains are, you may get a hard time with the food. I think they do not fully understand the religiosity with which some follow vegetarianism. Once we ordrerd veg fried rice and found a few pieces of chicken in it. This made my wife very uncomfortable. On several ocassions they served toasts and sausages on the same plate, even though we had asked them to serve veg and nonveg items in separate utensils. I guess the fact that i was non-veg and my wife complete veg confused them somehow. My tip to other travellers is to be more upfront about such requirements.

However, the overall stay was so comfortable and the people managing the lodge so nice and warm that i would easily neglect these gaffes.

Recommend this place to anyone looking for a comfortable budget and mid range stay in Darjeeling.

Stayed February 2017, travelled as a couple
1 Thank roy_soumyendu
Kolkata, India
Reviewed 27 January 2017

It was a nice experience to stay there. Though the period was short but each and every facilities were satisfactory. The behaviour of the Owner was very warm.Cleaned room, scenic beauty of surroundings, foods were all too good to explain.

• Stayed September 2016, travelled with friends
New Zealand
Reviewed 31 December 2016

Stayed at the Revolver in room Ringo pre and post my Singalila trek in October.

Corresponding with Vikash to make the booking was easy and straightforward with his prompt replies and helpfulness. Arranged transport from Bagdogra airport to the hotel was efficient with Vikash sending me the name of driver and car registration number prior to my arriving. This was reassuring for a first time to India solo female traveller.
The car had seat-belts,the driver friendly and very safe maneuvering the road climb with its dense traffic and tight bends.

Hotel has a warm welcoming atmosphere, felt more like a family guesthouse than a cold sterile hotel. I loved the Beatles theme and memorabilia especially the movie on the dvd in the rooms. Room was clean and cosy, bed comfortable with clean sheets and quilt, bathroom clean with plenty of hot water.

Manager Sailesh, what a lovely young man, very friendly and helpful, relaxed with a smile always.
I only ate the breakfasts which were yummy and so reasonably priced.

This hotel is popular for a very good reason, you need to book early to avoid disappointment. Wish my stay could have been longer.

• Stayed October 2016, travelled solo
Kolkata, India
Reviewed 10 November 2016

I stayed at Revolver for 2 nights. Its a Beatles themed home-stay with 5 comfy rooms. The amount of attention to detail given to each of the rooms is worth appreciating. The breakfast and dinner is totally worth it! Its a walking distance from Darjeeling Mall. However cab drivers may charge extra as the road is one-way. As its a bit away from the main road, there is hardly any vehicular noise. I would like to stay at Revolver again whenever I visit next. One suggestion to hotel owners would be to spray room fresheners during rainy days.

Room Tip: As for a room with a view