See what travellers are saying:
Reviewed 12 December 2017

I was disappointed in the hotel. Room was very cold and damp. Mostly only a few drops of water to shower. You can't reach the hotel by car. Have to walk quite a distance on a very steep path which was very difficult after a tiring day. The staff was very friendly and service good.

• Stayed: November 2017, travelled with friends
Reviewed 11 June 2017

New hotel in terms of infrastructure, warm hospitality, VFM. It has everything tucked in. The deal was good, people were friendly, food was okay. Given a choice yes I can go back again which I can say right now.

Room Tip: top floors are airy and views are excellent
  • Stayed: June 2017, travelled with family
Reviewed 19 May 2017

The owner of this modest hotel was extremely gracious, kind and helpful. The rooms were spotless, as were the bathrooms, but bucket baths were necessary through no fault of theirs, but it being Darjeeling.

A lovely rooftop that felt exclusive since few patrons use it, weak internet (again no fault of the hotel), but both the service and the kindness made up for all of that.

GREAT value for money- the cleanliness (which is my top priority, all the time), was very impressive, especially for this part of the world. I would definitely recommend this place to anyone travelling to Darjeeling.

• Stayed: May 2017, travelled with family
Reviewed 17 May 2017

It was by sheer chance that I found this hotel on a spur-of-the-moment trip undertaken to introduce my niece to tourist-packed Darjeeling. It fitted the bill – a clean, secure, homely, well-located place with all the mod-cons at an affordable price.

We had a superior double room on the 3rd floor. The room was bright and spotless; the bed extremely comfortable. Not much of a mountain view though! The window overlooked the terrace of adjoining hotels so we faced an urban sprawl (quite picturesque from our height). Access to the pleasing 4th floor terrace allowed us the view that was lacking in our room. The bathroom was clean and had a hot water geyser, but the low water pressure and temperature made quick baths mandatory.

Wi-Fi was good; the staff courteous and helpful. The food was so good that we ended up dining ‘room-service’ at the hotel every night. Through special arrangement, all meals (though a limited selection) are catered by the iconic Glenary’s.

About 6 minutes by foot from the new Himalayan Tibet Museum on Gandhi Road, the hotel, located a few turns up one of the roads branching off from the main road, is easy to miss. But the super-helpful owner/manager, Debanjan Bose, gave us very precise directions, and also sent someone to carry up our luggage. (He even arranged a car to take us down to NJP Station the day we left the area, although we had checked out 2 days prior and there was no obligation for him to do so).

All in all, the Himalayan Brook Hotel was an extremely good experience and outstanding value for money!

• Stayed: April 2017, travelled with family
Reviewed 26 April 2017 via mobile

In hotel Himalayan Brook I spent two days and two nights with my wife in the month of November last year. Location is very perfect and it is very nice hotel to stay for a couple. Clean room and helpful staffs.

Stayed: November 2016, travelled as a couple