“Glenary's”

Cuisines: Indian, Cafe
Good for: Child-friendly
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Breakfast, After-hours, Delivery, Reservations
Reviewed 11 January 2013

Had breakfast, evening snax, lunch at Glenary's. Black forest, Motch Chino, Pineapple pastries are great....The shop opens by 7.30am in the morning, the staff is very friendly. We bought the fruit cake, and chocolates.

1  Thank Sanchita G

Reviewed 9 January 2013

I seemed to spend half our time in Darjeeling at Glenarys and at the end of it came out with mixed feelings. It had a reliable wifi connection which was our main reason for being there (30 rupees/hr – the owner changes the password regularly – but you can try the obvious if you wish). The cakes etc are sort of average but also not at all expensive so it didn’t really stop us. My girlfriend had a thing for the sausage rolls. There was probably a nice view from the café but we couldn’t see anything because it was always cloudy! The drinks and tea we’re all ok if a little on the expensive side (tax extra). We never went to the upstairs restaurant because after looking at the menu decided it was too expensive for us. All in all a nice enough place but in my opinion with something missing. I’m just not sure what that is.

Date of visit: December 2012
Reviewed 8 January 2013

we had gone for lunch to Glenary after reading on the site that this is the right place to eat in Darjeeling on trip advisor.But we were very disappointed .The food was average ,the service was pathetic and we did not get what we ordered rather we were given things we had not ordered.The place was not over crowded so I cannot say that the staff was over burdened .Number of guests in the basement for lunch were only about 15-20 and they were 3 waiters who took their time to take the order and also to serve us !!!

Reviewed 6 January 2013

There's nothing like sipping on a hot tea and looking at Mt. Kanchunjunga. Whil spending a week in Darjeeling, I managed a few visits to Glenary's. Once was for lunch in the restaurant upstairs. Nice environment, service was good and the fish and chips were surprisingly nice (keep in mind I've been in India for a couple years and after a while, anything that is lacking masalla is nice). But I enjoyed them. Down in the bakery I often found a window seat, and enjoyed something sweet and a hot tea. The Swiss Bun, shortbreads, and apple pie were my favorites.

Reviewed 3 January 2013

One of the finest "fine dining" experiences in darjeeling. Nothing beats the table near the fireplace on a wintery evening with your favourite poison in hand. The kitchen and service staff know what they're doing and it is a delight to visit them again and again and again.

Date of visit: February 2012