“Good rooms and location, but only Vegetarian food”

Krishna Service Apartment
Ranked #27 of 98 Hotels in Darjeeling
Mumbai, India
“Good rooms and location, but only Vegetarian food”
Reviewed 5 July 2012

Our bookings at this property were done by our travel agent from our home town, Mumbai, before our arrival in this town, and we did not really know what kind of hotel this was going to be. When I learned that there would be only vegetarian food, I was a bit disappointed.

Yes, it is important for me that food preferences of guests be considered when one runs a hospitality service. Indeed, during my three nights of stay in May 2012 at the Krishna Residency, this is the only aspect of service I did not much fancy. Otherwise, all in all, this is a very good hotel. It has nice, large rooms, decent washrooms, a location that is right on the main road but a km before the Darjeeling centre, therefore a little detached from the hustle-bustle of a hotel that would be inside the town.

The main manager, whose name I do not recall, was very friendly. The other staff were just about courteous, though the female staff was very cordial and helped us whenever we approached them with some request.

Their restaurant, N2, was nice, with a cosy and vibrant feel to it. The food was served as a buffet, but they had a table-de-hote, which means the dishes would be pre-decided. One cannot order out of their fixed menu for a given meal.

All in all, not a bad experience.

• Stayed May 2012, travelled with family
1 Thank drtaher
Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.
JPMiles / Payback Arrow
JPMiles / PAYBACK

Solo
Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (25)
Allahabad, India
Reviewed 27 May 2012

Its a nice and clean hotel to stay in darjeeling...and is close to the main market also. however water is scarecity in darjeeling but we got a constant supply of water. Food was equally good. Satff was very cooperative. The rooms were nice and spacious.

• Stayed June 2011, travelled as a couple
Madras, Oregon
Reviewed 1 May 2012

We stayed in this hotel for 3 days. The hotel is at least 20 yeard old and not manitained. The carpets smell bad. The behavior of the staff is the worst I have seen in the service industry.The buffet food was bad and everything tasted sweet. The tea was horrible. Imagine having bad tea in Darjeeling. Stay away from this hotel.

• Stayed June 2011, travelled with family
8 Thank JyothiD
nikksSlg, Owner at Krishna Service Apartment, responded to this review, 21 March 2013
I am really sorry for the bad experience that you have had. I as the owner would endeavor to make every persons visit to not only my hotel but to Darjeeling as a whole a lovely and memorable one. During the period of your stay there was a transition of management and the result of which probably has ruined your stay. i am sorry once again but assure you that should you visit us again I would personally look into your comforts
Guwahati
Reviewed 20 April 2012

I stayed here with my family for 2 nights and 3 days from 16th April to 18th April'2012. The hotel is located about 1 KM away from the Chowk Bazar but on road taxi is available on the day and evening time. From the hotel balcony a part of the Derjeeling town and the Happy Valley Tea Estate can be viewed. The suites of the hotel are spacious, neat and hygienic. Hot water was available in the spacious and clean bathroom all the times during our stay. The Manager and the staff of the hotel are well mannered and very responsive. The vegetarian food provided to us in the Breakfast and Dinner are healthy and tasty. I would like to recommend the hotel for comfortable and homely stay with the family.

• Stayed April 2012, travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with Cleartrip

Chennai, India
Reviewed 3 June 2011

As part of a package for Sikkim and Darjeeling, we stayed in this hotel for 2 days in May. As the name suggests this is not truly a hotel but rather a service apartment. The hotel is quite old. The bathrooms are not maintained well and the water was leaking. Even after I raised a complaint, the bathroom was not fixed.The behavior of the manager and the owner is worse. They don't arrange anything on time and very aggressive. No flexibility and least courteous. For a group of 17 people, the manager arranged for just 1 SUV. The food quality and quantity provided was not up to the mark.

I would not recommend this hotel.

• Stayed May 2011, travelled with family
9 Thank DineshL
I am extremely sorry and as the owner I do take responsibility though at that time the hotel was under a different management but the same has now been changed and should you happen to visit again I would personally look into your comforts. That is how we would like to improve our services. Sorry once again.