“"Annum Cafe - Design Hotel"”

Design Hotel Chennai by juSTa
Ranked #16 of 437 Hotels in Chennai
Reviewed 15 January 2018 via mobile

I was looking around the Velachery area for a wholesome place to have a family dinner and was lucky to find this place that is comfortably located inside the Phoenix Mall.

The management was very kind enough to tailor a good menu for a total of 15 guests and accomodate my mum who required special attention when it came to the choice of food that was served to her. In addition, the staff were very polite and had a good knowledge of table etiquette which is a hard find considering the number of outlets that have come up in the city.

Overall it was a good evening considering the lovely ambience, good food and excellent service. I would definitely recommend this place for special events and/or a casual visit.

Thank you team Annum.

Stayed: January 2018, travelled with family
juSTaHotelsandResort, Director of Sales at Design Hotel Chennai by juSTa, responded to this reviewResponded 16 January 2018

Dear Guest,

My team and I are truly honoured to read such fantastic review. Thank you so much for sharing your experience in tripadvisor.

We are happy to note that you found our restaurant to be tastefully decorated and liked the service provided by our team.

We take this opportunity to thank you once again for your kind words of appreciation and recognition which plays a vital role in encouraging our team members. On behalf of the team at jüSTa, we look forward to having the opportunity to be able to host you again at our hotels in the near future.

Reviewed 14 January 2018 via mobile

Got the chance to stay at Design Hotel Chennai for 2 nights. It was a hidden treasure for sure. I've been to Chennai 20+times and stayed in 10+ hotels including big brands like Hilton and Marriott, however, it was the best stay so far for me and my wife at Chennai.
The hotel is at Phoenix MarketCity... the biggest mall at Chennai to give you unlimited options of food, spa and shopping. However, the uniqueness of hotel leaves you in awe. It's a boutique hotel with only 26 rooms, divided in 4 types... Each type is unique and I'm surely looking forward to stay in all 4 one by one during next trips.
The staff was awesome too... Very rarely you find that every staff member is proud of their working place. Each of them were very caring and professional. Want to mention few names like Usha, Gilbert, Muthu , Madan, Ali who ensured very beautiful stay for us.
We did lot of shopping and this hotel being at Mall itself you can "Shop till you drop ".
Invited my son and his friends from IIT Madras for dinner, they loved the place as well as yummy food.
Thanks Design hotel team for making our stay so comfortable and memorable. Already looking forward to visit again soon.

Stayed: January 2018, travelled as a couple

Dear Guest,

Your appreciation is our greatest reward. We are truly honored to read your kind and encouraging review about our hotel and the service our team provides to our guests.

We sincerely appreciate your compliments. All of our staff members especially Ms. Usha, Mr. Gilbert, Mr. Muthu, Mr. Madan, Mr. Ali were delighted to note that their efforts were recognized and so well appreciated. It is our constant endeavour to provide warm, efficient and discrete service to our guests.

We are glad to note that you liked the cleanliness we maintain, the food quality served and the service provided for our guests.

We are delighted to note that you have had a comfortable stay and look forward for the delight of welcoming you back in the near future.

Reviewed 10 January 2018

It is one of the best hotel I have ever stayed before. Great location, luxery room, perfect breakfast. Staff was extremly helpfull and kind. Special thanks to Allan - checking out, ordering a cab to the airport, handling with my luggage - everything was just perfect.

Stayed: January 2018, travelled solo
Review collected in partnership with this hotel

Dear Guest,

Thank you so much for your kind words of appreciation. Our team joins me in thanking you for your valuable feedback. It is indeed a pleasure to note that you liked our hotel, its location and the rooms which are specially designed.

We are happy to note that you had a good experience during your stay at our hotel. It was an absolute pleasure to have had the opportunity to serve you. We look forward to host you yet again as our esteemed guest in the near future.

Reviewed 9 January 2018

If you are looking for warm and courteous staff members, clean rooms, great views and a large shopping mall below you, then look no further than this hotel in Chennai. I stayed here by recommendation from family members. Though, I was a little hesistant at first, all that changed the moment I stepped in their swish and beautiful main foyer/reception, while being received by the most pleasant smiles. A couple of signatures later, I was invited to my room with a reminder to check with them if I needed anything at all.

First up, my safe box didn't function, 30 seconds later a new box was installed! They offered to iron my saree, when I asked for an iron and table, when I said it was okay, they offered me a larger space to iron! The kind cleaner Lakshmi who offered me "soda" when she learnt that I was having digestive issues. She also made sure to turn my messy room (from all the shopping) to the neatest place possible every time I came back.

The staff at the restaurant, specially Arun and Madhu were also incredibly friendly. They insist that I try on some of their delicacies, from vada to poories to a variety of dosas, they all came out fresh, accompanied by the nicesly smelling masala teas and fresh filter coffees that will keep me missing them until my next stay here.

A few other design aspects that must be credited. The carefully selected art pieces in the dining area, the relfective mirrors on each floor that made it look sleek and classy. The monumental standing lamps on the main entrance are just majestic!

And last but not least, when we were faced with a dillema, Uber strike, Usha helped find us a local driver to the airport on time.

So thank you once again to make my stay in Chennai such a memorable one. I too have embraced the statement, that this hotel is precisely - home away from home.

Room Tip: M4 has a great view of the malls and fireworks during NYE.
  • Stayed: December 2017, travelled solo

Dear Guest,

My team joins me in thanking you for choosing Design Hotel by juSTa for your stay during visit to Chennai. It is an honour to note that you felt juSTa to be "HOME AWAY FROM HOME".

Our team members are extremely glad to note that they were able to meet your expectation in all the aspect. We have conveyed your appreciation to all our staff members (especially to Ms. Lakshmi, Mr. Arun, Mr. Madhu, Ms. Usha) who are tremendously motivated. It is our foremost priority to ensure that every guest is provided with highest quality of service.

We are happy to note that you found the hospitality to be First Class. On behalf of our team, We once again thank you for your support and look forward for your continued patronage.

Reviewed 7 January 2018

Excellent service and ideal location for shopping in Chennai
Food was very good
Hospitality and helpfulness of staff remarkable and commendable
Room size much better than other hotels
Wide choice of food outlets available in Phoenix Mall

Stayed: December 2017, travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with this hotel

Dear Guest,

We truly thank you for sparing time to write your feedback in tripadvisor which is indeed very important for us. It is a pleasure to note that you liked our hotel, rooms, food quality and the service provided by our team members.

We truly appreciate your recognition as it plays a vital role in encouraging our staff members to go the extra mile and ensure a wonderful stay to every guest. On behalf of our team, we look forward for the opportunity to host you as our esteemed guest in the near future.