“A great place with great memories ”
Review of The Raintree

The Raintree
Ranked #45 of 6,993 Restaurants in Chennai
Cuisines: Indian
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Reviewed 30 April 2018 via mobile

Colonial brilliance at its best. Vivanta by Taj – Connemara, is the only heritage hotel in Chennai and was built in 1854 as the Imperial Hotel, renamed Albany in 1886, and finally re-established as The Connemara in 1890, then re-opened with an art deco look in 1937. The legendary architect Geoffrey Bawa added his touch to the tower block and linking pool in 1974.Personally,Its all the more special to me as I got married here in July 1983 and it’s almost 35 years since I am happily married and this place brings back a lot of fond memories... Now coming to the restaurant one can find some tourists there as they come there because of the heritage tag and since I was born exactly 10 years after India attained its Independence the colonial and British Architecture fascinates me.The service is very courteous. The ambience is good and the food is superb.
Dr.Javed Rasheed

Nice ambience
The caramel icecream,
Fried vegetables were excellent

Reviewed 25 August 2017

I must start by mentioning a young gentleman by the name of Thangam who contributed to the the unforgettable experience my daughter and I had while staying at the Raintree HOTEL IN Chennai, India. Everyone at this hotel was great in all respects; the front desk service as we walked in the hotel was very professional, the room service was excellent, the ambiance was extraordinary, the food was delicious, and the service at the dining room was superb! The waiters were very attentive to our needs, but we were impressed with the professionalism of a young waiter named Thangam. He greeted us in a very friendly and respectful manner, took our order quickly and took his time to explain all the different dishes to us, he brought us what we needed immediately such as water, bread and coffee. We were so pleased with his service that we wanted to give him extra tip and he refused to accept it. He said that he was there to help the guests. He is definitely an asset to this hotel and this is why I would like to recognize him.

Reviewed 21 September 2016

Have had he opportunity to have lunch and dinner here once . The lunch spread was quite good with varied desserts . Price is high but worth it

Reviewed 1 September 2016

I've never seen quite such a wide variety of choices for breakfast: several different nations are fully catered for. Evening buffets were similarly generous.