“Real italian taste”

Cuisines: Italian
Dining options: After-hours, Delivery, Reservations
Description: Pet friendly
Reviewed 2 May 2015

Food in Bella Ciao is the only one I have found in Chennai properly tasting italian. Without tika anything. With high quality ingredients. Meat is tender, fish is excelent, vegeteables fresh. Sauces taste home made. There is nothing pre-cook or ready made.
For real italian food, is the only place to go.
In addition the environment is perfect. The outside dining among trees in the terrace is great and the background music is the best one could desire always.
I have been coming regularly, and I will.

2  Thank izk13
Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.
There are newer reviews for Bella Ciao

Reviewed 24 April 2015

Had seen this place many times but tried it out recently.. authentic Italian food served here.. The best thing you would feel is the ambience here.. very calm & serene.. Ideal for a couple visit.
Note one thing.. food is a bit expensive but If u love Italian food.. this is "The" place to visit.. The restaurant gets crowded in the evening time, so better be early.

Definitely a place to visit more than once..

3  Thank Narayanan R
Reviewed 17 March 2015

One of my favorite restaurants in Chennai! The location close to the ocean brings in cool breezes, the food is absolutely wonderful. The service is very good,too. Eating good food outdoors in a beautiful setting -- can't ask for anything better

5  Thank Vanessa M
Reviewed 5 March 2015

Cool place near the beach, great staff and Italian food, wood stove pizzas, and homemade pasta!! Wifi available.

Reviewed 2 January 2015 via mobile

I had high expectations of eating some great Italian food as the owner is from Italy. Unfortunately it did not meet my expectations, or maybe because I am used to great food from Naples!
I really cannot explain what was missing in the Pasta but it was not tasting great. Italian Kitchen in general is simple but very delicious. Maybe the pasta was not top quality, or the oil or whatever I dont know. Just tasting different as in Italy.
-Aglio Olio was just about OK.
-Pasta with seafood tasted better. I would recommend that rather then the classics like pomodoro,arabiata
-Side dishes like Bruschetta tasted good.
-Pizzas are excellent.
-Worst Tiramisu of my life. Maybe if I had not eaten real Tiramisu before, I would have liked it. But this is just, sorry, soggy glucose biscuits with coffee flavor #shiversthroughspine
-Grilled vegetables as Starter were also not upto the mark. Too less portion and filled with just fried onions.

Even though I have so many negative points for food, I still give rating 3 as its a welcome change from eating so many curries in India! I do prefer some Western food for a change. I love Italian food and the food here is similar.

Service a bit slow but very pleasant. The Italian hosts are very friendly and came to table to ask if everything was ok.

Great ambience and the location near Beach is awesome.

I would go there again and often, and hopefully I taste better pastas!

4  Thank luckycusp