“Very expensive for average food”
Review of Dahlia

Dahlia
Ranked #516 of 6,700 Restaurants in Chennai
Cuisines: Japanese
Dining options: Reservations
Neighbourhood: Nungambakkam
Reviewed 10 August 2017

Two of us went to this place for lunch. We ordered one veg sushi and two of their veg main entrees. Walked out with a bill of Rs.1600. Amazed by how expensive this place is. I does not have the appeal of an expensive restaurant though....
To the food, except for the WASABI (which i guess I am in love with) nothing is exceptional. The tofu noodle bowl did not have much tofu but had a lot of rubbery mushrooms which I did not appreciate.
For me this place goes on my "I tried it due to great reviews but I am not very impressed" list.

Thank srivida (Vidhya... K
Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.

Reviewed 3 December 2016

A little bit difficult to find : on the right side of Nungambakkam High Road, step into the building with a petshop.... then ask for Dahlia. But once in place, you'll discover a great Japanese restaurant : great carte, nice sets. Food is perfect, served with smilles.
Today, more than half the customers looked like Japanese people... : certainly a good signal !
I recommend !!

Reviewed 1 July 2016

If you want great, authentic Japanese food in Chennai, this is the place.

Its a small, cozy place. They even have a large bookshelf with Japanese books, including some manga, and the TV normally plays Japanese channels.

Let's get to the food. Practically everything I've ordered has been excellent. They never disappoint. The sushi and sashimi are great, with just a little bit of the wasabi and soy sauce. My favourite is the Teri Yaki Set - the sauce is buttery and delicious. The tempura is also good, and is served with some miso soup.

They also serve Sake, either warm or cold. It is perhaps the most affordable Sake you'll find.

1  Thank Harisesh
Reviewed 30 April 2015

Are many years now that almost every time I go to Chennai I pay a visit to my favorite Japanese restaurant. Quite difficult to find it in a complex, right to Nungambakkam High Road, but when you've found it really worth. The regular costumers are Japanese and Korean, I tried almost all the dishes and so far I've never been disappointed. Very fresh, good preparation, friendly atmosphere. The only thing "weird" is the television always on with programs for children, but I've got used to it, almost like.

2  Thank Marcoavc
Reviewed 22 February 2015 via mobile

Don't get put off by the way to the restaurant... As u enter the place ul b pleasantly surprised. A small joint with around 10 tables. They had two Indian attenders who gave us the menu, warm towels and water (which was yellow in colour and smoky flavoured). The menu has pictures and English translations. Not too elaborate. We ordered a sushi platter and 2 bowls of soup with soba noodles. The sushi was over in no time... But the soupy noodles were a bit large to finish and were quiet filling.

1  Thank workingypsy