“food”

Dining options: After-hours, Lunch, Dinner, Breakfast, Delivery, Reservations
Bengaluru, India
“food”
Reviewed 8 March 2012

great ambience and food. Towards expensive side, but overall good for occasions.

Visited February 2012
Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.
JPMiles / Payback Arrow
JPMiles / PAYBACK

Chennai, India
“As close to Thailand as you can get within Chennai city limits”
Reviewed 5 March 2012

Right from the start Benjarong was one of those things which you just knew would be great fun! After a warm welcome I was whisked away to my table which had already been laid out.

The snack platter was a delightful surprise and so was the welcome drink!. A patient waiter explained to me the various dishes and advised me on what to take. I liked the matter of fact manner in which the waiter assisted me - he explained dishes in a brief and lucid manner without being prescriptive.

While I enjoyed a decent mocktail, dinner was served within 20 minutes or so. In the meanwhile I had taken in the sights and sounds of the restaurant. I felt that the decor lifted my spirits - the white theme with exotic looking plants and interesting curios had a pleasant appeal.

The dinner was....well... I am not too creative right now so I will make it simple - excellent! I loved the flavors and the well cooked portions. It took me back to my Melbourne days when I frequented a Thai restaurant with my friends. This, however, was much better. I tried Seafood, Chicken and vegetarian dishes which were all of high standard.

I have visited Benjarong multiple time post this visit and I found the dining experience there to be uniform and of high standards. I recommend Benjarong to everyone out for exotic cuisine, for a great dining experience or simply for authentic Thai food.

• Visited December 2011
Chennai, Tamil Nadu, India
“Authentic thai cuisine”
Reviewed 4 March 2012

I don't know any place in Chennai which servers better thai food then Benjarong. I loved the fried ice creams the most. The noodles varieties are also good. But you would need some help from the waiters for the first time if you have not had thai cuisine before.

1 Thank zerobrain
Sao Paulo, SP
“Teppan”
Reviewed 2 March 2012

The Teppan Sushi space above the Benjaron are special is always good and the
Sushi -Yaki festival, are very good choice with some new and interesting plates

Zurich, Switzerland
“Great Thai food and service”
Reviewed 25 February 2012

Likes: Great food. Just about everything ordered tasted excellent. I can't remember the exact names (all too Asian) but there was chicken, crab, lamb, fried rice and it was all good - very good.
Service was excellent and maybe a bit excessive i.e. waitress helps place napkin on your lap. Nope she was not hot.
Ambience was good too!
Dislikes: A bit too pricey for Indian standards IMHO even with the huge rise in Chennai prices in the past 5 years. Approximately, USD 30 per person for a 3-course meal. That's a big difference from the Chennai I knew when I used to live here.

Apparently they open only after 1900 HRS - sucks if you want to do lunch sometime. Probably makes reservation a must too.

Location: Good enough location depending on where you live in Chennai.