After seeing what money could buy in other parts of India this was an incredible surprise. It is a guesthouse not a home stay however Rucha the manager lives upstairs and one of the staff is here at all times. This is what we would consider a nice place to stay by Aussie standards!
Our room is quite large with AC, tastefully decorated and a clean bathroom. The whole apartment is clean and modern looking and the staff helpful and attentive. They can arrange anything you like. There is even a fridge for self catering (and to keep your beers cold!). Breakfast is supplied and consists of fruit, cereals and eggs your way.
There is a computer with fast internet (Indian fast) that you can access for free and a good rotating library where you can swap books. Rucha supplies plenty of information about the area and one of Chennai's best restaurants is right around the corner. It is not located right in the center of Chennai but in a nice leafy suburb which is only a short TUK TUK ride away from the beach and other sites.
We were originally staying for 2 nights but ended up staying for 5 because we felt so at home. Rucha is the most helpful and friendly person we have met in India. She is a gem.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Footprint is a private 6-room bed & breakfast located in a quiet, up-market residential neighborhood close to the Boat Club Area in South Chennai. Our B&B is located on the 2nd & 3rd floors of an eight-unit apartment building, situated just behind the ITC Park Sheraton Hotel. The character and interior design of Footprint is contemporary Asian - a fusion of the clean simple lines of Europe with the soft natural feel of South Asia. The rooms are spacious with generous beds, air conditioning, direct dial telephone, television with DTH cable, tea/coffee makers, and ensuite bathrooms. Our B&B is ideal for travellers who want an upmarket accommodation alternative without the stiff price tag of a luxury hotel. It is suitable for - expatriates or corporate travellers on relocation or temporary assignments, leisure travellers transiting through Chennai & corporate travellers. Footprint is open all year-round and available for short and long stays. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com and TravelGuru so you can book your Footprint Bed & Breakfast reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Footprint Hotel Chennai (Madras)
- Footprint Bed And Breakfast