“Happening place.. great music”
Review of The Tapas Bar

The Tapas Bar
Ranked #1,792 of 6,803 Restaurants in Chennai
Cuisines: Mediterranean, Spanish
Reviewed 26 December 2015

The Tapas Bar is nicely located on Cathedral Road and perched on the 1st floor in the same building with Copper Chimney. The crowd is great especially weekends.. the music is refreshign and you can rock to the beat but can't dance .. maybe when they put a dance floor. The drinks are good and the various appetizers are great to nip on. Enjoy with frineds on a weekend is whatII recommend.

Reviewed 18 October 2015 via mobile

Lovely food and amazing snacks... Love d cocktails... You have amazing cocktails and lovely continental dishes

Reviewed 26 August 2015

I ventured into this lovely place which was across my hotel. Fabulous ambiance and cocktails and was topped with a mexican delicacy ordered by me after their suggestion. Wish I could spend more time.

Reviewed 7 August 2015

good place for the party animals ... amazing collection of alcohols... the food was really good
i liked the ambience and even the crowd....
its bit expensive but never mind once in a while...

Reviewed 9 May 2015

Zara has always been one of the most happening places in the city. Probably, location is the main reason for this. The entire complex has been known for decades thanks to the array of eateries right from Hot Breads, Copper Chimney, Zaica to many more of em. Over the time this place has seen a lot of new restaurants which I rarely think changed hands. I guess they just rename the brand and start a new fresh page all over again. I've been here only once and I think this is one of the most overrated places ever. I could either be wrong or maybe I was just at the wrong place at the wrong time. But anyway consistency is what the service industry is famous for. Given below is my review on Zara.

PROS:-
* As mentioned above, the location is definitely a plus point for this joint. Right at the middle of Cathedral road just below the beginning of the bridge, this place just can't be missed.
* Since the area is crowded and the place below the bridge is highly congested almost all times of the day, parking is a huge problem. Fortunately they have valet services which serve all the restaurants in the block.
* After climbing the stairs we are welcomed by a board containing pics of people dining here. It's was kinda fun to find one my friends in the pic. Ambience was pretty decent. We were a group of 6 guys and it was more of a get together. We went on a weekend afternoon at around 3 and the place was deserted. They specialise in Tapas which is actually Spanish cuisine. I've been lucky enough to try authentic Spanish food which made me to really look forward for my experience.
* We ordered a couple of beers and mocktails along with fried calamari, chicken burger with sides and grilled prawns in tangy sauce. Since the guys were more into drinking, I got myself into what I'm good at, dunking in the food. The prawns were pretty amazing.

CONS:-
* The place was filled up with chairs and since the tables were almost empty the place looked too cramped up.
* Service is a major issue here. This is the main reason why this place gets a lower rating from me. Even when the place was almost deserted, it took us ages to get the attention of the waiters.
* The music was pretty loud and it was hard to have a conversation. It was a get together after all. We were meeting literally after a decade. It's not a club for heavens sake.
* The food was very normal and wasn't that great. Hope people don't misunderstand that it's authentic tapas style food. It's not. Spanish food can literally be compared with Indian food when it comes to flavour and taste.
* Considering the food and the service we received, I wasn't happy to shell out 5k for the food and drinks.

This is one place I would rather give a miss the next time I have to go for a good place to dine with my friends who would love a drink. 10 D is far more better and cost effective as far as I've seen. If I get to know that the service improves, I might give it a try.