“best hotel in chennai”

Ranked #25 of 395 Hotels in Chennai
London, United Kingdom
“best hotel in chennai”
Reviewed 7 May 2012

if your thinking of visiting chennai make sure to check out the residency towers hotel before you book anywhere else. very well priced with five star elegance,makes me think residency towers dont know what a good thing is. rooms are very comfortable and well furnished and thoughtful touches. the restaurants all three are very different too. main street is 24hour with buffet and southern aromas is south indian food with soft live music of south india. the crown on the rooftop where you can sit outdoors and see the best views of chennai. the pub bike and barrel is the best pub in chennai and best music too. a very friendly and welcoming hotel for family,couples,solo or business. my favourite hotel. dont miss it

• Stayed April 2012, travelled solo
1 Thank nirulas1
TOWERSChennai, Manager at The Residency Towers, responded to this review, 9 May 2012
Dear Valued guest,

I am delighted to learn that you had a comfortable stay at “The Residency Towers” and I truly appreciate your taking the time and posting your feedback on TripAdvisor.

Hotel Manager
Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.
JPMiles / Payback Arrow
JPMiles / PAYBACK

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (173)
  • Korean first
  • Turkish first
London, United Kingdom
Reviewed 4 May 2012

Considering it was a brief stay in Chennai, i wanted to have good food and massage therapy, i went to Residency towers since one of my friends recommended it, and its fair to say that i was not left disappointed.

Amazing food, especially southern aroma cuisine makes your mouth melt since i am a big fan of south indian food

After that booked an appointment in the spa for a body massage, have to say it was one the most pleasant events and highlights of my trip. the staff was professional, courteous and friendly and the massage was really relaxing...

Highly recommended and will visit soon again.... a thumbs up!!!!

• Stayed February 2012, travelled on business
TOWERSChennai, Manager at The Residency Towers, responded to this review, 5 May 2012

Kingston
Reviewed 24 April 2012

I recently spent a month here and a few months on a previous trip. This hotel works hard for your business!! It's attractive and competitively priced. The service is great and the rooms are very clean. The friendliness and hospitality from the experienced staff is great. I have to say it is one of my favorite hotels, and this is coming from an experienced road warrior.

Mr. L. Johannessen
USA

• Stayed March 2012, travelled on business
TOWERSChennai, Manager at The Residency Towers, responded to this review, 27 April 2012

Jaipur
Reviewed 24 April 2012

Considering that there is not a lot to do in Chennai, it is important to pick a good hotel while there. I was very happy with this place. Beginning with the airport pick up in a nice clean and well-cooled car. Every member of the staff at the hotel was polite and accommodating. One time I even felt bad because I was irritated about something not working in my room. One of the bell men came immediately, the problem was easily solved, and the man remained pleasant through my brief moment of grumpiness. Really can't express how nice the people are.

The breakfast buffett is mostly South and Southeast Asian tastes, but there are plenty of things for the more North American and European breakfast tastes as well. Each of the hotels restaurants as well as its in-room dining offer good food at decent prices.

The rooms was super clean. And everything worked as it should.

The spa area was the only disappointment in this five-star styled hotel. It could use a renovation. There was a huge fish tank on the floor in one of the rooms that looked like it had not been cleaned in a very long time, and there were fish still swimming in it. There was a cockroach crawling over the chair next to the chair I was in while getting a mani/pedi. The room in which I got a spa treatment was not well equipped for the treatment I ordered. It seemed more suited simply for massages.

Also, I was on the 11th floor. I don't know if it was specific to my floor, but I could hear the music coming from the disco every night. I don't really watch TV, so it is always quiet in my room. So that was a bit disturbing. Luckily, the disco closes relatively early.

• Stayed April 2012, travelled solo
1 Thank Chantel G
Dear Valued Guest,

We thank you for posting your reviews on 'Trip Advisor' and appreciate your positive feedback.

I have noted your observations on the Spa and we have taken corrective measures. Please accept my apologies for the inconveniences experienced.

I thank you for your support and look forward to your return.

With Warm Regards

Singapore
Reviewed 17 April 2012

I booked a Club Room for my parents for 3 nights at The Residency Towers as a treat for my Dad's birthday. I'm really glad I chose this hotel! They arranged complimentary airport transfer and replied all my emails patiently and provided me assurance prior to my parents' check-in. During their stay, my parents were really well taken care of. My Dad was deeply impressed by the Accomodation Manager Mr Praveen and his team's dedicated excellent service. They invited them to a Cocktail Party and above all, a very sweet gesture of the team surprising him with a birthday cake touched me. Kudos to the Hotel! Really impressive service!

Lavany D R S
Singapore

• Stayed April 2012, travelled as a couple
1 Thank LavanyDRS
TOWERSChennai, Manager at The Residency Towers, responded to this review, 18 April 2012
Dear Mr.Lavany,

I have just seen the review posted on Trip Advisor, and I would like to thank you for your very positive comments on The Residency Towers.

I will convey your compliments to my team.

We thank you for your support and look forward to your return.

With Warm Regards