“Excewllent hotel”

The Residency Towers
Ranked #24 of 436 Hotels in Chennai
Reviewed 27 February 2012

The residency towers in Tina Nagar is an excellent hotel specially for businness people.
chek in and check out is very professional They have my data from a previous visit nad all was ready for the ceck in.
The room are very confortable, clean and spacious than It is possible have a meeting with 2-3 people without using the businness center that in any case offer some complementary service.
At the arrive in the room i found complimentary fruit basket and cakes.
The hotel has 3 restaurant plus the bar bike & barrel.
Very good the Southern Aroma where serve tipical South India food and for lunch you can have the South Indian Thali
Alo at coffee shop called main street They serve a complimantary brekfast with a large choice of indian dishes (very good the dosa)
The hotel offer a complimentary internet connession

• Stayed: February 2012, travelled on business
1  Thank fabm52
TOWERSChennai, Manager at The Residency Towers, responded to this reviewResponded 28 February 2012

Dear Valued guest,

I am delighted to learn that you had a comfortable stay at “The Residency Towers” and I truly appreciate your taking the time and posting your feedback on TripAdvisor.

We look forward to your return.

Reviewed 20 February 2012

I travel often with my part time job as an instructor for Coating Inspection. The service at this Hotel is exceptional.The room service, housekeeping, office personnel, and multiple restaurant managers are always looking to make your stay enjoyable. The Hotel Manager is behind all the extra attention that every traveler enjoys.Thank you Mr.Roop Chadda. The hotel is about 13km from the airport and within traveling distance of many Mosque, Hindu Temples and the St. Thomas Basilica built over the tomb of Doubting Thomas. You can also see many sights as you travel south along the east coast including a location were there are multiple temples carved from one monolithic stone. The shopping can be exhausting because of the many specialty shops but you can find that once in a lifetime gift if you use your imagination and ask lots of questions. I plan to make this location a family experience in the near future. Safe travel to all and call ahead for airport pickup. Gerry

Room Tip: Ask for a room that is not above the Bike and Barrel unless you enjoy music vibration.
  • Stayed: February 2012, travelled on business
TOWERSChennai, Manager at The Residency Towers, responded to this reviewResponded 23 February 2012

Dear Valued guest,

We look forward to your return.

Reviewed 31 January 2012

The good first: The room was spacious and comfortable with lots of modern amenities. I felt like I was in NYC not Chennai. The room had a great view of the city and also offered sound proof sliding doors to block out the noise of the bustling city below. The complimentary buffet breakfast was huge, offering just about everything you could imagine from Indian to western and beyond. There was literally something for every taste. Overall a really nice place, but on a personal note we had a pretty awful experience and I wouldn't go back.

The bad: We went to bed early because we had an early am flight. We were woken up at midnight by the sound of blood curdling screams, shattering glass, and furniture being thrown. It was terrifying and sounded like someone was being murdered in the room above us. I called security immediately and they said they would send somebody. The screaming continued and I called again. I went into our hallway and there were other guests in their pajamas trying to figure out what was going on. I called security and 3rd time and they said they were sending somebody. The screaming eventually subsided but the crashing noises above us went on late into the night. I believe the people fighting should have been evicted from the hotel as to not further disturb other guests. The next morning I asked the front desk what happened and they said it was domestic dispute and made no apology about the disruption. I told them how little we slept and how disappointed I was in the slow response. The front desk person just shrugged their shoulders and moved on to the next person in line. This is an expensive hotel and you expect better customer service from the staff. I was extremely disappointed and would not go back.

• Stayed: January 2012, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Annashapiro
TOWERSChennai, Manager at The Residency Towers, responded to this reviewResponded 1 February 2012

Dear Valued guest

At the outset my team and I would like to sincerely apologise for the tremendous inconveniences you had experienced during you stay at the hotel last month.

I have personally briefed my team on your valuable feedback and we have initiated a protocol to combat such incidents. I deeply regret that my team was unable to cope with the situation.

The guests guilty of this extreme disturbance were severely admonished and asked to leave the next morning.

Once again my apologies to you, our valuable Guest.

Thanking you

With Warm Regards

Reviewed 30 January 2012

This hotel is located at an ideal location besides Thyagaraya gana Sabha (Vani mahal) on GN Chetty Road in T Nagar. It is very close to Pondy bazzar and various shopping malls.
Coffee bar is quiet spacious and provided large size LCDs for entertainment. Sumptuous breakfast served and Food quality is excellent. Coffee quality is not good.
Rooms are quiet spacious and well maintained. Furnishings are excellent. Front office service is excellent room reservation service is prompt and courteous. Gym facilities are available to meet the executive requirements. It is a memorable experience to stay in this hotel.

• Stayed: October 2011, travelled on business
Reviewed 28 January 2012

Hotel is very good, clean, located in shopping area, great food. But only problem I experience every time is the cell phones doesn't work properly here. I don't know if they have any cell jammer. People could call me. But i couldn't make calls. This happens every time here.
Food is very good with lots of items to eat in the buffet.

• Stayed: September 2011, travelled solo

Dear Valued guest

I thank you for your feedback on our services and appreciate your taking the time and posting your observations on trip advisor.

I would agree that in the past the mobile signals in certain locations of the hotel were weak. We have since rectified this issue by installing boosters in strategic locations.

Please do accept my apologies for the inconvenience experienced.

Thanking you