“Excellent Hotel, flawless service”

The Raintree Hotel, St.Mary's
Ranked #7 of 403 Hotels in Chennai
Reviewed 30 May 2012

Located in the heart of the city, the hotel offers a great combination of ambience, service, food and rooms. I have been to their restaurants a few times in the past, but this is the first time I stayed here. The room was great, and the electronic controls for the lighting was impressive. The staff were courteous, helpful and prompt. The food in the restaurant was great, and staff easily recognized me on my second day. The only negative point I could note was that the sound-proofing on the room door could be better. Noises from the corridor were too audible inside the room.

• Stayed: May 2012, travelled on business
raintree18, General Manager at The Raintree Hotel, St.Mary's, responded to this reviewResponded 11 June 2012

Dear Suresh_2000,

Vanakkam!

Thank you for your recent stay and valuable feedback.

It is indeed a pleasure to note that you had a memorable experience and that you enjoyed every bit of your stay with us.

This encouraging feedback of yours would go a long way in motivating the entire team at The Raintree Hotel St. Mary's Road to further excel and ensure that each and every guest has an equally memorable stay. The aspect which you didn't find positive, ie. room door sound-proofing will be looked at in our forth-coming soft renovation of rooms,

Thank you for your kind words and we sincerely hope to have you very soon back with us.

09176622029

Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.

Reviewed 28 May 2012

Stayed in rain tree for 2 days. a Class star category hotel, friendly staff, they really pamper you, amenities really good, room spacious, food amazing choice for buffet breakfast was good. This was my first time at Rain tree. The club Havana and spa was under renovation and hence no service. My room was on the 3rd floor, quite over looking green plush backdrop. Room service & house keeping met up to my expectations.

• Stayed: April 2012, travelled solo
raintree18, General Manager at The Raintree Hotel, St.Mary's, responded to this reviewResponded 31 May 2012

Dear drraghuprakash,

Vanakkam!

Thank you for your recent stay and valuable feedback.

Reviewed 25 May 2012

I was in the Raintree for 5 weeks, and I was suprised that I enjoyed it as much as I did.
The hotel was by no means perfect, noise outside my room due to road works all night, GYM closes very early, when we came back in the evenings it was very hard to relax there was no place to unwind, the bar had no atmosphere and it took ages to get the bill after a meal (although this seems to be an issue in most places I have eaten in India).

On a positive note I found the staff to be extremly helpful and friendly, there was a good variety of food in both the lobby level and roof level and in the 5 weeks we only had one bad meal, the room was very clean and the bed was very comfortable. Since leaving the Raintree I have stayed in 4 hotels since and and none of the staff in those hotels have not come close to the staff in the Raintree.

Room Tip: Request a room not at the front
  • Stayed: May 2012, travelled on business
raintree18, General Manager at The Raintree Hotel, St.Mary's, responded to this reviewResponded 28 May 2012

Dear Mary B,

Vanakkam!

Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback on tripadvisor following your recent stay in The Raintree Hotel, St. Mary's Road. I hope that you are having a pleasant stay at OMR. We were really unfortunate in loosing your group due to distance constraint.

I am delighted to learn that your overall stay with us along with your colleaugues was enjoyable and that you liked the responsiveness and attitude of the staff in the hotel. We are also glad to know that you liked mostly the food offered in both the restaurant. I apologise for the noise outside your room and other issues which did not put you into a great unwinding experience.

We will look into them for improvisation so that the next time you stay with us, you have a complete experience. Kindly give us another opportunity to serve you and your colleagues before you leave Chennai.

I will be glad to assist you in any future requirement.

gm.stmarys@raintreehotels.com

Reviewed 25 May 2012

We have been visiting their roof top restaurant many a times. Never have they failed in rendering great food n service. The view is fabulous. The tandoori food is awesome.

It was a bit warm this time, but windy. We were 5 ofus and the bill was $150, quite reasonable. Good to see the hostess and manager recognising me. They have another restaurant with buffet on their lobby level, which is also nice, i was there with a few office colleagues 4 months back.

Room Tip: try their tandoori dishes at ASL

Dear Stephane M,

Vanakkam!

Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback on tripadvisor following your recent visit to The Raintree Hotel, St. Mary's Road.

I am delighted to learn that your overall experience with us along with your friends was enjoyable and you liked both the food and service at our roof-top restaurant.

Sharing your feedback on tripadvisor gives us the opportunity to note where we stand in our performance and wherever possible enhance our service quality. Please keep visiting out outlets and giving us your valuable comments.

Reviewed 21 May 2012

We had a nice very comfortable suite, and really enjoy the room.
However, the rest of the hotel is not really interesting. The roof top swimming pool could not really be used, they were no place to rest and it feel like they were working on the place.
The guest are mainly here on business trip and you feel a bit out of place when you are on a not.

The hotel is located in a pleasant quiet district.

• Stayed: April 2012, travelled as a couple
2  Thank PIXSQUARED
raintree18, General Manager at The Raintree Hotel, St.Mary's, responded to this reviewResponded 23 May 2012

Dear Pixsquared,

Vanakkam!

Thanks a lot for your feedback on Tripadvisor. We were glad to note that you liked out Suite and the area where the hotel is situated. I also found your unhappiness as you were unable to use the pool.

Please accept our sincere apologies for the inconvenience caused in this respect. Due to an emergency breakdown and leakage in the rooms below the swimming pool, we had to carry out certain engineering works. I have no words to substitute for this failure in providing a key facility.

Thank you once again for sharing your feedback on tripadvisor and thereby giving us the opportunity to enhance our service quality. I do hope that this incident will not deter you from visiting The Raintree Hotel in the future and you will allow us the opportunity to restore your confidence in our hospitality.