New! Find and book your ideal hotel on TripAdvisor — and get the lowest prices

Review of The Accord Metropolitan

The Accord Metropolitan
Ranked #26 of 380 Hotels in Chennai
Bangalore, Karnataka, India
“Good value for money in the upscale segment”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 1 July 2012

This is the second time I have stayed here. The quality of the rooms is in the same league as a Marriott in the US. Minor gripes - Took some time to connect to the WiFi. The water pressure in the faucets was low. The showerhead is a tad low for tall people - I had to duck to get my hair wet.

Didn't try the food - I like walking down to the Murugan Idly Shop nearby for a breakfast.

Service was quick. One small gripe - I like carrying my bags and despite my insistence, I was hounded by the hotel guys until I gave up.

• Stayed June 2012, travelled with family
1 Thank kovilkalai
, General Manager at The Accord Metropolitan, responded to this review, 2 July 2012

Thank you for giving your valuable feedback.

I am delighted to know that you liked our services. However, I will also make sure that your suggestions on improving on Wi Fi connection and faucet pressure is implemented at the earliest.. I will also discuss with the team about your feedback with regard to carrying the luggage and I am sure you will experience the change on your next visit. I have noted your preference about the breakfast and would like to assure you that our breakfast spread will definitely not disappoint you.

Once again, I thank you for your comments and look forward to welcoming you back to our hotel. Do write to me or call me during your next visit to Chennai and it will be a great pleasure meeting up with you.

Rupesh Kumar Pandey
Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.
JPMiles / Payback Arrow
JPMiles / PAYBACK

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (184)
  • Indonesian first
Kuala Lumpur
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 1 July 2012

A pleasant stay throughout the 6 days we were there.Excellent service,good location and the room is ohhh... so comfortable that we get good sleep and ready to get on our feet the next morning feeling so rested. Breakfast was sumptuous with good selection of vegetarian and non vegetarian. I must especially mention the healthy choices of breakfast of oats,juices and fruits available.The staff at the restaurant must be commended for their exemplary service always so mindful of your needs. WiFi is free and has good speed. Truly a memorable stay and will definitely come back.

• Stayed June 2012, travelled as a couple

Thank you for giving your valuable feedback.

I am delighted to receive such good feedback about our product and services and would make sure to pass it on to all my colleagues which will be great morale booster for them. Your review is truly inspiring for me and my team.

Doha, Qatar
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 28 June 2012

The Hotel is centrally located in Chennai and has excellent connectivity. Stayed in a single bed room apartment in 9th floor which is of very good international standard. The room is very spacious with one bed room, one hall, a kitchen and is well furnished. WiFi is free and has good speed. The food in the South Indian Restaurant is very good. The Hotel however is very noisy with lot of residents talking loudly - probably due to a marriage party staying in. The lobby was also very noisy. The conference room is very expensive and the Hotel is also high priced - but for the extra large discount I got. The staff are cooperative but definitely need lot of training. The most annoying moment was when the travel desk wanted me to pay cash at 2300 hrs for a domestic air ticket bought by me at 1700 hrs!!! And he would not accept ATM or Credit Card!!!! Of course, I paid cash after drawing from nearby ATM next day but it was not very acceptable that he insisted that I go to ATM at that late hour, draw cash and pay him!!!!

Room Tip: Be careful to buy tickets - you have to pay cash - they do not take ATM or Credit Card!!!
  • Stayed June 2012, travelled on business
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
, General Manager at The Accord Metropolitan, responded to this review, 29 June 2012
Dear Mr. Sivasankar,

Thank you for giving your valuable feedback.

I am delighted that you were satisfied with most of our services. However, your disappointment with regard to the Travel Desk has also been noted. In fact the very next day we have made some changes in our system which will now enable you to pay the bills through your card also. I will also make sure your suggestion for better training of our colleagues is immediately adhered to and necessary action taken.

Singapore, Singapore
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 25 June 2012

We've stayed in several hotels in Chennai in the last 5 years. The Accord Metropolitan is by far the best we've encountered!. The rooms were amazing! Very comfortable beds, extremely clean bathroom, a nice working table with leather swivel chair, very prompt room service, very polite and forthcoming front desk personnel, splendid breakfast spread (even includes bacon!). The hotel's central location is a great advantage to avid shoppers. What more can a guest ask for. Truly made our holiday!

• Stayed November 2011, travelled with family
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
, General Manager at The Accord Metropolitan, responded to this review, 26 June 2012

Thank you for giving your valuable feedback.

I am delighted with such lavish praise that you have showered on the hotel and would make sure to pass it on to all my colleagues which will be great morale booster for them. Your review is truly inspiring for me and my team.

Perth, Australia
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 25 June 2012

I had a pleasant time in Chennai and especially in Accord Metropolitian. The Hotel has very good ambinence and all staff were responsive and provided service par execellence and anticipated my needs. Everything from checking in to checking out went smoonthly. Room was well maintained and front desk staff were really helpful.

Choice of buffet breakfast was very good and had a wide variety of selections. Lunch and Dinner were equally good and food was fantastic. Even when I left something for disposal without informing the front desk at checkout, staff got back to me via e-mail to check of they could dispose off these items.

So thank you Accord and all staff for the excellent service and a wonderful experience.

• Stayed June 2012, travelled solo
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
, General Manager at The Accord Metropolitan, responded to this review, 30 June 2012
Dear Mr. Elangovan,

Greetings from The Accord Metropolitan, Chennai!

Thank you for staying in our hotel and giving your valuable feedback.

We at The Accord Metropolitan aim at winning guest satisfaction and it is only through such feedback from discerning guests like you that we strive to improve our services and facilities to the best and meet up to your expectations. I am thrilled to know that we were able to delight you with our services and facilities and your comments about our hotel are truly inspiring.