“Thanks to the foot soldiers I will recommend this place” 3 of 5 bubbles
Review of Savera Hotel

Savera Hotel
Ranked #38 of 386 Hotels in Chennai
Vancouver, Canada
“Thanks to the foot soldiers I will recommend this place”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 21 February 2012

The location of this hotel is perfect to roam around Chennai and visit nearby attractions.
The room was horrible. Rotting doors. Washroom with musty smell with no ventilation. For the price not worth it. I will recommend any one to check the rooms first before signing and getting the keys. I was shown a modernised room it looked good. But my gut says the price will go up. Will become out of range for me,
The best people were first and foremost the cleaners. Always smiling. Did beautiful origami type work with towels. Then came the security and waiting staff at breakfast.
Front desk the Cashier and others were useless. The night manager was very helpful.
WiFi is absolutely horrendous. They have a business centre with two computers, always busy. The hotel staff also uses the same machine for their work and they don't mind interrupting you.
Food was not bad. But too expensive. Why I don't know? Food is one of the cheapest items in India.
We ate at nearby hotels good food far cheaper than this hotel. Don't waste your money trying the food in the three fancy restaurants, they are not worth it.
The room was very cold. The weather surprisingly was pleasant in Chennai. We had to wear full sleeves even with the thermostat at 25 degrees Celsius in the room. The AC was leaking. The advice, from maintenance they will turn it off completely or keep it ON all the time.

Room Tip: Check the room first for rotting doors and stinky washrooms. Pool side view is good. The hotel wit...
  • Stayed February 2012, travelled with family
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
1 Thank Mayam46
Savera146, General Manager at Savera Hotel, responded to this review, 24 February 2012
Dear Guest!
We regret the indifferent experience you had at our hotel. I have taken your fedback for review with the concerened departments. We will ensure that all your observations are addressed to make our guests stay, as comfortable and pleasant as possible.
We look forward to welcome you again at our hotel and please do inform me about your next visit.
Anthony Michael
Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.
JPMiles / Payback Arrow
JPMiles / PAYBACK

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (240)
  • Thai first
Nottingham, United Kingdom
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 13 February 2012

I stayed here in Nov 2011, as part of an extended rail tour.
The main criticism I have of the Savera is the fact that my room smelt damp and musty. I believe my room was in a sort of extension to the original building, room 526, and the wall outide the room door in the corridor felt distinctly wet!
The breakfast buffet was included in my room rate, and there was a very good choice. There is a bar, and I ate a few "snacks" from the bar menu there. I found the food and drink prices to be a little inflated, and food service was quite slow.
It is a "western style" hotel, which could do with a wake up!
I walked to the beach from the hotel, about 30-40 minutes each way.
When I was checking out, another guests restaurant charges had been added to my bill in error. Although this was rectified, I was asked to wait over 20 minutes, and provide samples of my signature to compare... not a very nice experience for me to be treated as a potential liar.
Overall, if the other rooms are not damp smelling, it could be a reasonable, somewhat westernised base to visit Chennai from... I would not stay again because of the musty smells in my room.

Room Tip: My room was 526, and it smelt damp, no info on other rooms!
  • Stayed November 2011, travelled solo
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
Savera146, General Manager at Savera Hotel, responded to this review, 15 February 2012
Dear Guest!

Many thanks for choosing The Savera and we appreciate the time taken to submit your feedback at Trip-advisor.

We have made note of your observations and regret the different experience you had with us. We will review your feedback with the concerned departments.

While we thank you for the compliments, we look forward to welcome you again at our hotel.

Hyderabad
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 11 February 2012

I stayed here for a business trip.The hotel is located at a prime location very near to beach.But overall just an average hotel as it is not maintained well.
The best part of my stay was the terrace dinning, nice view from top and great food and lovely music although service was a bit slow.

• Stayed November 2011, travelled on business
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Mumbai, India
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 7 February 2012

It's very old Hotel with good customer service but need to improve on maintenance

• Stayed February 2012, travelled on business
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
Savera146, General Manager at Savera Hotel, responded to this review, 9 February 2012
Dear Guest!

Many thanks for taking time to review your stay with us at Trip Advisor. While we acknowledge your compliments we also have made a note of your observations. The feedback will be reviewed with my team to ensure your stay with us next time will remain as expected by you.

Thank you once again for the feedback and choosing to stay with us. Look forward to welcoming you at the hotel again.