“Very nice experience ”

Cuisines: Chinese, Indian, Seafood
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Reviewed 4 weeks ago via mobile

One of the best restaurant for the seafood selections, the concept was very nice, they have seafood market that we have to buy what we going to have, very interested , thanks Praveen, you did a good job, and gave us nice experience,, and ambiance is not bad, out look also not bad,,,.. But food taste extraordinary,...

Date of visit: November 2018

Reviewed 8 November 2018 via mobile

Chennai has many restaurants that are par excellence... And many have been started by Mahadevan, a restaurateur of the highest level. The Marina is no less! My dear friend and I were treated to a lovely sea food meal I will remember..! The crab de-shelled and cooked in mild and simple spices was the best I have had in a long time..
No less was the Hamoor fish fillet made for us in 2 different masalas. Again delicate offerings and delectable..
Thanks again Mahadevan!

Reviewed 31 October 2018 via mobile

Here you get lot of varieties of sea food. We can customize our dish. They will prepare the item according to our taste

Reviewed 16 October 2018

We were around and on impulse chose this place for lunch being close to where we were at that moment. A google search revealed this restaurant. We were the earliest diners and the manager and staff were very warm and welcoming.
Being in Tamilnadu I particularly wanted to savour Chettinad Cuisine. The restaurant has a huge glass case showing off the catch of the day with at least twenty if not more varieties of crustaceans and sea fish. Your favorite fish is sold by weight and then prepared in the open kitchen.
We ordered a sweet corn soup with crab, delicious. Then came the prawns fried in Chettinad masala. Spicy, red and hot on the palate. Steamed rice was next, the perfect accompaniment with the two specimen of blue crab curried Chettinad style, fiery and fresh.
By this time the restaurant was filling up to capacity. To our good luck the Mud crabs each about half a kilogram arrived fresh and moving. They were weighed and cleaned right in front of our eyes and made into a spicy but subtly aromatic Crab Chettinad Sukha, delicious and eye watering, bursting on the tongue, definitely not for the faint at heart.

Quite by chance we came to this restaurant, the place for robust, native, and authentic Chettinad seafood cuisine among others. A place which is not pretentious, or hugely expensive and delivers what it promises.

The service was prompt, efficient, warm hearted and attentive. The ambience was clean, attractive and simple. Recommended for all ye lovers of seafood.
I will definitely make a beeline for this place when I am in Chennai next

Reviewed 11 October 2018 via mobile

I have tried Fish dishes here and my opinion, if you are in Chennai don’t miss it.

All the dishes I have tried are sensory delights! It’s brilliant.

I love the fact that you get to choose the fish you would like to eat and is immediately prepared and served.

Cleanliness 5 ⭐️
Food 5 ⭐️⭐️ :)
Family Friendly 5 ⭐️
Affordability - I am happy to pay what they charge, it’s more than worth it.

Date of visit: September 2018