“Benzz Park Banquet is a Nightmare.”
Review of Benzz Park

Benzz Park
Ranked #110 of 395 Hotels in Chennai
Chennai, Tamil Nadu, India
“Benzz Park Banquet is a Nightmare.”
Reviewed 27 April 2012

This is a very rare case I write such a horrible review about a hotel on Trip Advisor. But, I definitely wanted to write this one so as to ensure corporate / individuals never ever make a mistake to pick up Benzz Park for their conferences, meetings or official parties.

I regularly host workshop on Facebook / Social Media Marketing across India and we had planned to book Benzz Park for the 26th Workshop to be hosted in Chennai.

As a matter of experience I made following things very clear to manager Mr. Boobesh and Ms. Shakila that:

1. I wanted a cluster seating for 25 individuals. 5 in each table.
2. I gave them the finalized menu for lunch from the options that they had sent me.
3. I had asked for name tags of participants.'
4. Plug points below each table as participants would carry their laptop.

On the day of the event when I reached the venue I was surprise to see there were only 4 cluster tables with 6 chairs in each, when I had asked the room coordinator about why have you made this arrangement the guy responded:

Sir, you had asked for this for 20 people and we have served you as you asked.
Me: I double checked with him and asked him again: Are you sure of what you are saying did you even read the email?
Coordinator: Sir, we have only have four table, the fifth one is gone for sample purpose to purchase some more round tables. Shall I add square tables?
Me: I want round table, I cannot compromise on this. Please understand, I have a specific seating arrangement and I have to stick by it as the participants shall be working in team.

Finally after a lot of argument they got the 5th roundtable fixed.

In couple of minutes I had realized there was no socket/extension cables below each table as asked for. I again requested the coordinator and he said sir we don’t have plug points. I said please go and check your emails. I have asked for it in advance and within minutes this guy had got them from somewhere ( I assume they already had them and he was lazy about fixing them). I also sensed there was nothing called ‘respect for customer’ or ‘customer service’ as for my every concern the coordinator had ‘No’ as answer.

My day started bad. I was suppose to speak for entire day as I am the host and trainer for the workshop and I had already shed a lot of energy talking with this lazy coordinator of Benzz Park.
The session started with all the participants taking up their space in the hall. At 11 we had a coffee break and sandwich were served apparently there was a complaint made by the participant that the sandwich served to her was taken from her table and was kept on my table without even asking her (which was very rude a behavior) and I was confirmed that the experience of this hotel might make the participants of workshop feel messy.

I had to let this one go to as I had no other choice!

It was lunch time now! At 1.45 we took a break for lunch and I was super surprised this time as there was not even a single item other than rice and bread in the buffet which I had asked for. The menu was totally changed. I was perplexed for a moment and asked the coordinator to call the manager to give me an explanation for the ‘change of menu – TOTALLY’.

Manager came to me with printout of the mail I had sent him one day before the workshop . He said “ Sir, you never gave us your menu choice from the options we had sent you, so we had picked a chef’s choice menu”. I asked him if he had read the confirmation email which I had sent him a week back. I opened my email account and showed him the email, menu and my confirmation. To my knowledge he was surprised and apologetic towards this carelessness of his. He did ask me Sorry & I had to forgive him apparently as I had no other option at that particular point of time.

Exactly at 3.15 PM when 26 participants of my workshop were carefully listening to the Facebook Advertising session we had disturbances from the meeting going on in the next room. They were playing videos, talking spirituality and showing some more videos, discussions where happening it almost became a nightmare to me, it was extremely loud. The session was intervened by noises which took away attention of almost everyone in the hall.

I wasn’t sure if this was a 4 star or it kept me wondering who gave this hotel a 4 star ranking?
Finally, at the end of the day I definitely knew there is another closing ceremony dose that had to come from Benzz Park hotel and it was extra charges for data points/ extension cables(The cost of which is usually free or pre-defined by hotels when asked for it in the email) , charges for water served to the participants of the workshop (Have you ever seen a hotel that charges you extra for the water you drink in their banquets?), charge for the projector screen (Apparently I had not hired the projector from the hotel, it was ordered from outside and the coordinator had asked my projector guy to not to put his screen as they already had one in hotel – and again I wasn’t told in advance that I am gonna be charged for this).

Matter of fact after argument they gave me waiver off for the extension cables, screen and 4 extra wifis. But, ultimately it gave me an experience for lifetime. It put me in a fear zone of not to opt for any hotel until you thoroughly review them and it also made me little uncomfortable as I could see my customers (participants) where not too easy the way this hotel was treating them.
Btw, I forgot to add the point the Air Conditioner in hotel was bad and the hall was warm!

Stayed April 2012, travelled on business
5 Thank SoravJain
Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.
JPMiles / Payback Arrow
JPMiles / PAYBACK

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (15)
Kuala Lumpur
Reviewed 17 April 2012

it was my second visit to this hotel after year 2007. i find this hotel meeting requirements and ready to serve at any time of the day/night. we find everyone in the hotel from the doorman to the manager very pleasant and helpful. rooms are standard. clean and well aired. I dont expect for 5 * quality for a 3 *; but its very well acceptable. Bathrooms are sanitized well and clean. Just that the floor gets a lil slippery as it doesnt have non -slip mats.
Food - breakfast is awesome. Has a wide variety of western and indian. 24hours Room service - portioning is large and tasty.
very accesible - it cost abt 60rps by auto to famous shopping areas (T.nagar). Can get an auto at anytime at the main gate of the hotel. ( when you wanna get back to the hotel - remember to say
On the whole, its value for money. If its just the place to rest and relax after a tiring day out; then its just the place i would choose to go again.

• Stayed February 2012, travelled as a couple
2 Thank Shini H
Reviewed 10 April 2012

We were on a medical trip to chennai from dubai.It was local time 3am wen we arrived in the hotel.. The flight journey was so tiring . We really wanted to have a good sleep but the room they allocated us,the a/c wasn't working for almost 1hrz .. Then we were given  the next room ..
it was almost 4wen we moved..And to my shock I woke up with bed bugs.. And at9 was our appointment timing..  The whole was so tiring.. Nothin was as we planned coz of the room probz. Next day we moved to the residency tower tnagar.. Though itz 2000 rs more.. Itz worth !!!!

• Stayed April 2012
Brisbane, Australia
Reviewed 21 February 2012

We stayed there for a couple of days. Had no issues with the check ins and room service. Found it a little off putting that bell boys stick their hands out for tips. Hotel is not the most modern but sufficient and fairly spacious. Staff spoke English well. Quite safe neighbourhood and close to Pondy Bazaar.

• Stayed December 2011, travelled as a couple
1 Thank shedee
Shah Alam
Reviewed 31 January 2012

Would say it's a business class hotel.Well maintained bt need renovation.The food here is finger lickin' especially the breakfast.They served variety of cuisines.The staffs in the restaurant are well mannered n accommodating most notably the manager Mr.Muthu.He is always with a big smile.Overall the staffs in this hotel are pleasant n ever ready to help.The rooms are well furnished and has coffee tea maker which ease my job mixing milk for my cutie at odd hours.However there are a few minus points.The bathroom need to be maintained cause it's slippery n quite clean.The receptionist did not give us wake call even after we have requested for.Apart from that,we were not informed about the vehicle that we hired.We waited in the room while the driver waited at the entrance for almost 1 hour even after the driver informed the receptionist.The receptionist did nt attempt to call us.Those are some plus n minus of the hotel.

• Stayed January 2012, travelled with family