“Good hotel near Chennai airport”

Radisson Blu Hotel Chennai
Ranked #21 of 398 Hotels in Chennai
Bangkok, Thailand
“Good hotel near Chennai airport”
Reviewed 25 April 2012

We stayed there just for one night as we arrived late in the evening and we were flying again from Chennai airport the following morning.

Our stay was very good as upon arrival to the airport a Hotel representative was waiting for us, then after a couple of minutes we got the Hotel car and in just 10 minutes we were in the lobby. Check in was almost fine, although they didn`t read my e-mail properly prior to arrival telling them that I had booked 2 rooms, and then my colleague had to go through the whole booking process again.

Room although started to show its age was very comfortable and with all the things you may need there. Internet connection was fine and I could connect more than 1 device to the wifi system.

Breakfast was also good and with enough selection of food and juices.

Overall we had a very good stay and we will repeat there if we need to stop for a short period of time around Chennai airport.

1 Thank Prayanak
Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.
JPMiles / Payback Arrow
JPMiles / PAYBACK

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (223)
  • Korean first
Berlin
Reviewed 19 April 2012

Very good hotel, clean, air-conditioned, best service, friendly people, good indian and other food, lovely details like a small bassin with water flowers at the lobby - beautiful (and this I say it as a man...:-)).

Room Tip: I had Room 114 and it was quiet, well-tempered and clean. But I think all of the rooms more or less...
1 Thank frahau
vikramcotah, General Manager at Radisson Blu Hotel Chennai, responded to this review, 21 April 2012
Dear Sir,

We are thrilled to see your positive feedback on the Trip Advisor. I will certainly convey your sentiments to the team who will be enthused to meet and exceed your expectations every time you stay with us and truly demonstrate our service philosophy “Yes I Can !” .

We hope to see you soon when your travels bring you to Chennai.

Best Regards

Mobile: 9840741379
Dubai, United Arab Emirates
Reviewed 14 April 2012

The biggest advantage of this hotel is its proximity to the airport. The pick up service at the airport along with their express check in at the car was a first of its kind. I was handed over the room key by the chauffeur. However I was not over pleased by the feel that the lobby gave me especially on the first floor where my room was. Felt like I was walking through some 2 or 3 star hotel. How ever the room was well made. There was some initial problem with air conditioning which had to be rectified. The lighting and the noise levels were acceptable. The bed was comfortable and provided me a few good nights of sleep with out disturbance. The breakfast served was good and provided me a wide variety of choice. The manager at the restaurant that serves breakfast needs a special mention for his extreme attention he paid to the guest needs. Their specialty restaurant Kabab Factory is one of the finest in the city. Over all this hotel provides one a mixed bag of experiences.

Room Tip: Ensure your airport transfer is complimentary as the hotel is located right next to the runway !!
2 Thank CaptChaitanya
vikramcotah, General Manager at Radisson Blu Hotel Chennai, responded to this review, 19 April 2012
Dear Sir,

Thank you for your feedback on the Trip Advisor on your recent stay at our hotel. I will convey the positive aspects of your stay to the team who will be enthused to meet and exceed your expectations every time you stay with us and truly demonstrate our service philosophy “Yes I Can !”

We look forward to welcome you back and assure you our best services at all times.

Michigan
Reviewed 14 April 2012

The staff is very attentive and try very hard to please. Everyone is extremely courteous and helpful to a fault.

The food is very good and management again goes all out to please.

The good things definately far outweigh the bad, however, there were a few little bad things...Cockroaches!

In the 1st floor lounge and in the main dining area, I experienced these unwanted guests with my meal.
Both times the management was very apologetic about the occurance, but nonetheless, they were there.

Another curious complaint...if the main lobby is air conditioned, why not the hallways?

I would recommend this hotel to everyone. Once the cockroaches disappear, there would be no complaints!

• Stayed March 2012, travelled on business
Dear Sir,

I have also noted the issues you have highlighted with concern and will ensure that corrective action is taken as soon as possible. It is extremely rare we have encountered problems of pests and I am very sorry for this.

Chennai, India
Reviewed 13 April 2012

Very close to the airport but very far fromt he city. Found travelling withing Chennai a hassle.
Food was excellent, especially the dinner gourmet buffet. Comfortable beds.
Overall, very expensive for the qulality of service provided.

Room Tip: Do not choose if you want to tour the city. Very far from the center of the city.
  • Stayed February 2012, travelled with family