I have stayed in this hotel 4 times over the past 4 years and have stayed in various rooms/areas of the hotel. The staff here are always very friendly and helpful and were prepared to move rooms when I expressed concerns about ground level (pool area) rooms as a single female traveler. The best room I had was during my last staff in sep 2011 and was on level 3 on the right hand side (if you are looking from restaurant to pool) - it was spacious and well maintained. Other rooms I have stayed in have had a few mosquito's and smelt a little damp so make sure you ask to move the room if you are not happy at first. The pool area is fantastic and the gym is good, although a bit small. The bar off the lobby is a great place for an afterwork drink and they provide wonderful (and substantial) nibbles with each drink. The food here is of similar quality to other Taj's, the breakfast buffet is always good and the service here is quick and efficient. Overall I would recommend this hotel - good location near spencer plaza and beautiful pool.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Vivanta by Taj - Connemara, Chennai is the city's only heritage hotel, built in 1854 as the Imperial Hotel, renamed Albany in 1886, finally re-established as The Connemara in 1890. It was an Art Deco look that the Connemara sported when it ‘reopened’ in 1937. And the legendary architect Geoffrey Bawa added his touch to the tower block and linking pool in 1974. Today, it is infused with the spirited style of Vivanta by Taj. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with DerbySoftTaj, MakeMyTrip, TripOnline SA, HotelQuickly, ClearTrip, Hotels.com and TravelGuru so you can book your Vivanta by Taj - Connemara, Chennai reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Vivanta By Taj - Connemara, Chennai Hotel Chennai (Madras)
- Hotel Taj Connemara Chennai