“Unprofessional and Non customer centric”
Review of The Park Chennai

The Park Chennai
Ranked #47 of 397 Hotels in Chennai
Chennai, India
“Unprofessional and Non customer centric”
Reviewed 10 July 2012

I have been associated with The park Chennai for the past 10 years. The food has been always great and the staff extremely professional. I have been away from Chennai for about 5 years and came back to resume using the services, The Park has to offer. This includes the yearly F&B membership they offer. I registered for it in March 2011 and till date, which is about 15months I have got one of the most unprofessional and lowest service ever. This includes smallest things like the membership card and free voucher, which come along with the membership. The larger issue is the unprofessional attitude of certain staff and more of all the GM, who wants me to call him for the card and the voucher, which they were offering to me. I wonder where customer service holds the key here! I would strongly recommend anyone to take proper consideration before enrolling with the hotel.

• Stayed July 2012, travelled with family
, General Manager at The Park Chennai, responded to this review, 11 July 2012
Thank you for your feedback. Please accept our apologies for your discomfort with our services. We are looking into the details of your complaint. I am taken a back with the impression you have been given that the GM has asked you to call him for the card and the voucher. We greatly value members of our loyalty programme and this is handled for us by an outsourced organisation. Your card and Loyalty programme kit would have been despatched to you directly at the time of enrolment by the programme handlers in Delhi. On receiving your feedback and checking, I understand that you have met the local representative who handles the PATP programme in Chennai. This is the first time I am being informed of your situation. Please contact me on lherbert@theparkhotels.com or Ms. Fedelis @ 044-42676000 Extn 7008. We look forward to sorting out this situation shortly.

Associate Vice President | Area General Manager
Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.
JPMiles / Payback Arrow
JPMiles / PAYBACK

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (327)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Korean first
Mumbai, India
Reviewed 5 July 2012

This property really needs to improve their rooms!! They looked badly maintained and smelled funny.Also the bollywood theme in the hotel gives it the air of a restaurent. The hotel looked under staffed and there was a general clumsiness around. During our dinner a guest was so annoyed with the service that he stormed out with angry shouts!!

• Stayed April 2012, travelled on business
1 Thank Joy_tuscano
, General Manager at The Park Chennai, responded to this review, 11 July 2012
We acknowledge your feedback on the hotel and have shared your views with our team. We are happy to inform you that we have commenced the renovation process in a phased manner and it will be our pleasure to welcome you back to experience the hotel in all its glory very soon. Due to the renovation works which are taking place at the hotel, you might have faced a problem with the odour. We hope to serve you better on your next visit.

Associate Vice President | Area General Manager

Travellers are raving about these Chennai hotels

Mumbai, India
Reviewed 4 July 2012

Usually use the property for Business Trips and its a very conveneient location right in the middle of the city. The property is awesome and kind of different from the standard modern synthetic look that other hotels have. So there lies the charm.

The food whether the restaurants or Room Service is great, However the breakfast needs to improve in order, when I compare to standards available elsewhere in terms of spread and choice. If you are just happy with Fruits and Dosa's you will have no reason to complain but the Non Vegetarian stuff needs a lift!!

The Rooms are nice and comfortable, the view isn't but that did not matter to me considering the time I spent in the hotel during the day. Room service was good, courtoeus and prompt and therefore no complaints.

What needs to improve are the washrooms and the fittings. Kind of old and and does not give a great feeling. That could be a potential showstopper for me in my next visit to the city.Though originally I gave a 'Very Good" but I have changed the same to an "average" because of this factor!! It is important!!

Room Tip: No choice!! Check your washroom!!
  • Stayed February 2012, travelled on business
, General Manager at The Park Chennai, responded to this review, 10 July 2012
Thank you very much for having chosen us to stay with during your official visits to Chennai. Our restaurants have always been our plus points and we only hope to make it better with your every visit. Your kind and reassuring words will help us to surge forward and serve you better. We hope to have you back soon enough to experience our new rooms and other facilities at the hotel. We are happy to inform you that we have commenced the renovation process in a phased manner and it will be our pleasure to welcome you back to experience the hotel in all its glory very soon. We welcome this kind of valuable feedback and hope to serve you better with every visit. Please do contact me directly at lherbert@theparkhotels.com in case I can be of any further help.

Chennai, India
Reviewed 4 July 2012

I checked in at the hotel with my husband, just for a day but oh! what a day it was! The staff are pleasant & courteous, the rooms are a decent size, clean & stylish! The spa Aura, was fabulous! We had a couple's Balinese massage & it was great! Haven't been soo relaxed in a long time!!! The lunch at 601 was super!

• Stayed June 2012, travelled as a couple
4 Thank Zynndyy
, General Manager at The Park Chennai, responded to this review, 10 July 2012
Thank you for your appreciative words of our staff , quality of restaurants, SPA and rooms, this is indeed very flattering. It gives us great pleasure to know that we have pleased you with all our services at the hotel. Please do contact me directly at lherbert@theparkhotels.com in case I can be of any further help.

Bengaluru, India
Reviewed 3 July 2012

This is my first stay in this hotel. I hotel ambiance is not so great and I came to know that this is of bolly wood theme with few old movie posters here and there and in the hotel rooms as well.
If the posters in the room is of any scenic then it might be good. I booked because it is very near to Us consulate.

• Stayed May 2012, travelled on business
2 Thank Jayramchitturi
, General Manager at The Park Chennai, responded to this review, 10 July 2012
Thank you for bringing to our notice the issue with some of the film posters. We assure you that it will be looked into. Glad you found the hotel suitably located to meet your needs. Hoping to welcome you back very soon!! .Please do contact me directly at lherbert@theparkhotels.com in case I can be of any further help.