“Unique experience” 3 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #57 of 382 Hotels in Chennai
Bengaluru, India
“Unique experience”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 3 July 2012

This is my first stay in this hotel. I hotel ambiance is not so great and I came to know that this is of bolly wood theme with few old movie posters here and there and in the hotel rooms as well.
If the posters in the room is of any scenic then it might be good. I booked because it is very near to Us consulate.

• Stayed May 2012, travelled on business
2 Thank Jayramchitturi
, General Manager at The Park Chennai, responded to this review, 10 July 2012
Thank you for bringing to our notice the issue with some of the film posters. We assure you that it will be looked into. Glad you found the hotel suitably located to meet your needs. Hoping to welcome you back very soon!! .Please do contact me directly at lherbert@theparkhotels.com in case I can be of any further help.

Associate Vice President | Area General Manager
Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.
JPMiles / Payback Arrow
JPMiles / PAYBACK

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (297)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Korean first
Chennai, India
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 28 June 2012

I have stayed at many hotels internationally and this hotel is one of the best. Location is a strong point with great restaurants and bar. There is a lot of positive energy in this hotel and staff are very friendly and helpful.

Room Tip: Ask for a city facing room on a higher floor.
  • Stayed June 2012, travelled on business
2 Thank Bond_1379
, General Manager at The Park Chennai, responded to this review, 3 July 2012
Thank you so much for the positive and encouraging remarks about our hotel and staff. These kind and reassuring words help us to surge forward and serve you better. We hope to have you back soon enough to experience other facilities at the hotel. Please do contact me directly at lherbert@theparkhotels.com in case I can be of any further help.

Mumbai
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 23 June 2012

This was my 5th or 6th stay there, only because my client in Chennai books me there, as they get a corporate rate. But this was the last time for sure. From next trip, I will book elsewhere. The entire hotel, but especially the rooms are in dire need of renovation. The wooden flooring in the rooms has warped, the furniture polish is chipping. The minibar is hopelessly ill-equipped. Each light fixture is individually controlled with no master switch at the bedside. The floor lamp is behind a chair so to reach the switch you have to either move the cumbersome chair or dive head-first behind the chair in the hope of somehow reaching the light switch. There is no electrical point at the bedside to charge your cellphone.

The service in the coffee shop is appallingly slow. Never ever order a la carte. Lunch will become dinner. During breakfast service, I was not even offered tea / coffee, nor was my water glass filled. During the lunch buffet, I asked for Indian breads with my meal, as well as some ice for my water. Neither was served, despite a reminder. The staff are either clueless or just not bothered. Either way, it points to a hopeless lack of training on behalf of the management.

Room Tip: Choose a room in another hotel
  • Stayed June 2012, travelled on business
2 Thank yohannsetna
, General Manager at The Park Chennai, responded to this review, 3 July 2012
Please accept our most sincere apologies for the discomfort caused by the shortcomings faced in the room during your stay with us. The room has been blocked and taken for maintenance upkeep. We have ensured all corrective efforts are collectively put in to resolve them. We acknowledge your feedback on the hotel upgradation and have shared your views with our team. Thank you for bringing this to our notice. We hope you give us a chance to serve you better the next time you are with us. We would not like to offer any excuses for the service failures you were at the receiving end of. We are embarrassed and are doing our utmost to make sure we don’t have a repeat of this kind with any of our other guests in future. Please do contact me directly at lherbert@theparkhotels.com in case I can be of any further help.

Associate Vice President | Area General Manager

Travellers are raving about these Chennai hotels

Centreville, Virginia
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 8 June 2012

Stayed at The Park at the beginning of visit to India. Rooms were very nice with lovely decor, comfortable bed and all the amenities. Ate at the Thai restaurant on site. Excellent service in all aspects. Location was good.

• Stayed December 2011, travelled with friends
3 Thank VASoleil
TheParkChennai, General Manager at The Park Chennai, responded to this review, 12 June 2012
Thank you for having given us the opportunity to kickstart your trip to India on a good note. We are glad you enjoyed your stay with us and look forward to having you back really soon!!

Kolkata
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 17 May 2012

This was the fourth location of The Park Hotel that I have stayed amongest which Kolkata, New Delhi and Hyderabad were others. But this was my longest stay as compared to others as I was there for 10 Nights for my Mon's treatment in a near by hospital. First of all I would like to Thank all the staff for their courtesy extended during our stay. The location of the hotel is very good and staff very friendly. It has a fantastic roof top swimming pool well maintained only draw back is the dressing room is very cramped with lots of Spa members specially during the evenings. The breakfast remains almost the same throughout the stay with very less variety of cold cuts. Apart from this the Thai restaurant serves average food but the coffee shop was fine but again with very less variety of North Indian Food. We were given room on the 6th floor which quite dilapidated but next day we were shifted to the newly renovated 4th floor which was lot better and vibrant. My experience with overall stay at all the Park hotels has never been bad and I feel the use of Vibrant colors in the rooms makes it quite lively. Night clubs have been the USP of the group all over the country. Though Chennai nightlife gets over before even you step into your party shoes, not much of my interest the purpose of the stay was close proximity the Hospital. Once my mom was back from the hospital to the hotel the staff were very concerned through out her stay and even managed to make special meals for her. I recommend this hotel specially if you are going for some treatment purpose you will be very well taken care of.

Room Tip: Choose to stay in the Newly renovated rooms
  • Stayed April 2012, travelled with family
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
TheParkChennai, General Manager at The Park Chennai, responded to this review, 25 May 2012
We really appreciate your kind words towards our hospitable staff. It was our pleasure to have looked after you and your mother to the best of our ability. Our location, in the heart of the city, has always been an added advantage for us and we are glad it helped you in the most important of times. We are glad to hear of your positive response towards our renovated rooms as this is just the beginning. We are looking at bringing in more variations in our Breakfast Buffet so hope you like it even better during your next stay. We will be more than happy to have you back and serve you better.