“This is what I call personalised guest services”
Review of Trident, Chennai

Trident, Chennai
Ranked #8 of 437 Hotels in Chennai
Reviewed 15 January 2018

Been there to cinnamon restaurant recently liked the food and service guys, staff was amazing, especially Sidharth from housekeeping who escorted me personally to show all around swimming pool and spa area, I liked the way and willing to return again soon.

• Stayed: January 2018, travelled on business
Chennai_Trident, General Manager at Trident, Chennai, responded to this reviewResponded 5 weeks ago

Dear Guest,

Thank you very much for sparing your valuable time to review Trident Chennai and its services and for rating us - so highly!

I am delighted to read that you enjoyed your dining experience at the Cinnamon as well the overall service provided at the hotel.

We pride ourselves on providing our guests with personalized service delivery and I am delighted that our entire team provided you with an exceptional experience.

I have shared your review with the lovely ladies and gentlemen I am privileged to work with especially Siddharth, they are all delighted to read that their guest centric attitude and anticipatory approach is recognized – your review has made them feel very special indeed. Many thanks!

My team and I look forward to future visits, I take this opportunity to assure you of our best attention and services at all times. Please do not hesitate to write to me for any assistance or for anything else I can do for you in Chennai.

Warm personal regards

Reviewed 15 January 2018

I've turned up here twice with no reservation (Solo Traveller/Business) and have been blown away by the level of service.

Reception staff are absolutely lovely, I was assigned an AWESOME personal valet - SUTHA PAVASALEM, thank you for catering to my every whim and looking after me so well, my friend!

AND the best massage in southern India by masseuse Zivi. Fastest laundry service on the planet, no doubt...

Last time I was in town I was not so lucky, they were fully booked and I had to stay at a supposedly comparable hotel, which was hugely disappointing. I definitely advise booking ahead from now on.

There is no equal to this hotel in Chennai, the staff make it PALATIAL. Thank you, and see you all soon!

• Stayed: December 2017, travelled on business
Chennai_Trident, General Manager at Trident, Chennai, responded to this reviewResponded 16 January 2018

Dear Guest,

Thank you so much for your wonderfully crafted review on Trident Chennai and its services; it is always a great sense of pride to receive accolades relating to staff member’s actions - who go out of their way to make sure our guests are well looked after.

Your feedback reinforces our founder, Rai Bahadur MS Oberoi’s philosophy on providing gracious service with genuine care and our Executive Chairman, Mr. PRS Oberoi’s belief in people being our most important asset. Their beliefs and philosophy are the driving force behind our organisation today. It is heartening that our people are not only living by the organisation and our values but taking that extra step in building an everlasting bond with our guests.

Recognition from our guests is the single biggest motivator for the ladies and gentlemen at our hotels - your lovely comments therefore mean so much to us all. I have passed on a copy of your generous compliments to Sutha, Ziri, the laundry team and the team at the front desk – they all are “over the moon” and delighted to know that they lived up to your expectations.. Thank you!

It was a pleasure to have been of service to you.

My team and I look forward to your future visits, I take this opportunity to assure you of our best attention and services at all times.

Please do not hesitate to write to me for any assistance with reservations or for anything else I can do for you in Chennai.

With all good wishes.

Warmest regards,

Reviewed 13 January 2018 via mobile

This was by far the nicest hotel we have stayed in India so far. Rooms comfortable and clean and well maintained. Grray spa and nice swimming pool. Bar tender makes wonderful cocktails and has a few originals of his own. When our flight out was cancelled Varun and Tanuj went way way out of their way to help us efficiently, courteously and with 7 star service. What a pleasure! Definitely will return again. Thank you to all at the Trident Hotel in Chennai!

Stayed: January 2018, travelled as a couple
Chennai_Trident, General Manager at Trident, Chennai, responded to this reviewResponded 15 January 2018

Dear Guest

Thank you so much for such a highly rated review - we very much appreciate the time you took to send in your kind comments following your recent stay with us.

My team and I are very happy to read you had an amazing overall experience in Trident Chennai.

Positive feedback encourages our team to strive to perform even better. It has always been our focus to provide our valued guests with personalized service.

I have already shared your review with the entire team at Trident Chennai, especially with Varun and Tanuj - they are most delighted that their efforts were noticed in the way you put it.

It was an absolute pleasure to have been of service to you.

Above all it is most rewarding to note that you would consider staying at the Trident when next in Chennai.

My team and I look forward to your continual visits, I take this opportunity to assure you of our best services and attention at all times.

In the meantime if I can be of any assistance please do not hesitate to write to me.

Warm personal regards

Reviewed 10 January 2018

The Trident @ Chennai is a classy hotel with very pleasant staff. I would describe the rooms and amenities as basic with a very classy feel!

My wife and I stayed as part of a group booking and were initially disappointed to find that we had been allocated a twin room – contrary to our king room request – a failure by the holiday company to pay any attention to detail. The reception staff could not have been more pleasant and instantly reallocated a double room in a similar location.

The room view (145) was nothing special but okay, with the road being fairly well hidden. The spacious room itself had all that could be expected with added gown and slippers for my wife – I suppose another could have been requested if we had been staying longer. The mini-bar was missing items and a previous guest’s order was still in place. Kamal the housekeeping manager was a most helpful member of the team who took care to ensure that we were very happy with our room/stay.

Television reception was good on a modern TV and the internet of good strength after undergoing an unusual (to us) log-in and change of password process.

The bathroom had a tub with shower over and good head. The towelling was of good quality as were the toiletries.

In the restaurant: Evening meal was really quite limited but was a well prepared buffet with hot dishes and tiny cake ‘desserts’. Breakfast was with a very good choice plus particular orders quickly met at a show station.

This hotel is very close to the airport – 5 mins (going to the airport) or 20 mins (leaving the airport) due to the dual carriageway (one-way) system and, although the main town is some distance, can be well recommended.

• Stayed: January 2018, travelled as a couple

Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking out time and reviewing Trident Chennai and its services. It was indeed a pleasure to have you stay with us and to have been of service to you.

At Trident Chennai, we constantly strive to deliver the best possible experience to our guests; your comments of our services are a great endorsement of our day to day efforts. Team Trident is pleased to know that most services were in line with your expectations. Thank you!

I have shared your review with the entire team, especially with Kamal -they are all truly inspired to note that their efforts were well noticed and much appreciated.

We look forward to welcoming you back next time your travels take you to this part of the world ; if I can be of any assistance whatsoever in the meantime, please do not hesitate to write to me.

Best regards

Reviewed 9 January 2018

This beautiful property right across the airport is armed with excellent team,providing warm and personalized experience.Food was amazing,and spa is amazing..Mesmerizing experience all together,worth a repeat.

Room Tip: Look for a room facing airport .