1,426 results
All reviews close to the airport cinnamon restaurant oberoi group business trip airport pick in room dining restaurant staff courteous staff comfortable stay great hospitality excellent hotel comfortable rooms home away from home breakfast spread excellent stay quality of food special thanks
Reviewed 10 January 2018

The Trident @ Chennai is a classy hotel with very pleasant staff. I would describe the rooms and amenities as basic with a very classy feel!

My wife and I stayed as part of a group booking and were initially disappointed to find that we had been allocated a twin room – contrary to our king room request – a failure by the holiday company to pay any attention to detail. The reception staff could not have been more pleasant and instantly reallocated a double room in a similar location.

The room view (145) was nothing special but okay, with the road being fairly well hidden. The spacious room itself had all that could be expected with added gown and slippers for my wife – I suppose another could have been requested if we had been staying longer. The mini-bar was missing items and a previous guest’s order was still in place. Kamal the housekeeping manager was a most helpful member of the team who took care to ensure that we were very happy with our room/stay.

Television reception was good on a modern TV and the internet of good strength after undergoing an unusual (to us) log-in and change of password process.

The bathroom had a tub with shower over and good head. The towelling was of good quality as were the toiletries.

In the restaurant: Evening meal was really quite limited but was a well prepared buffet with hot dishes and tiny cake ‘desserts’. Breakfast was with a very good choice plus particular orders quickly met at a show station.

This hotel is very close to the airport – 5 mins (going to the airport) or 20 mins (leaving the airport) due to the dual carriageway (one-way) system and, although the main town is some distance, can be well recommended.

• Stayed: January 2018, travelled as a couple
Chennai_Trident, General Manager at Trident, Chennai, responded to this reviewResponded 15 January 2018

Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking out time and reviewing Trident Chennai and its services. It was indeed a pleasure to have you stay with us and to have been of service to you.

At Trident Chennai, we constantly strive to deliver the best possible experience to our guests; your comments of our services are a great endorsement of our day to day efforts. Team Trident is pleased to know that most services were in line with your expectations. Thank you!

I have shared your review with the entire team, especially with Kamal -they are all truly inspired to note that their efforts were well noticed and much appreciated.

We look forward to welcoming you back next time your travels take you to this part of the world ; if I can be of any assistance whatsoever in the meantime, please do not hesitate to write to me.

Reviewed 9 January 2018

This beautiful property right across the airport is armed with excellent team,providing warm and personalized experience.Food was amazing,and spa is amazing..Mesmerizing experience all together,worth a repeat.

Room Tip: Look for a room facing airport .
Stayed: January 2018, travelled on business
Chennai_Trident, General Manager at Trident, Chennai, responded to this reviewResponded 14 January 2018

Dear Guest,

Happy New Year to you and your family!

Thank you for staying with us and for sharing your feedback on TripAdvisor. We truly appreciate the same.

We are very grateful for your kind words of praise for our location, ambience, hotel, food and service. All of us at The Trident believe in creating memorable experiences for our guests. Thus, it gives us great joy in receiving such an endearing review.

Above all, it is most rewarding to note that you would consider staying at the Trident when next in Chennai.

Thank you, once again for having taken the time and for your patronage.

We look forward to welcoming you back soon.

Reviewed 7 January 2018 via mobile

I visited this hotel and had received very very awesome and great services by Mr.ilampooranan and miss Ankitaa . They both are very helpful and warm personality, they know their job and they love doing it , once can see how passionate they are as they addressed our request very proactively. Trident is very blessed to have such great Employees. Stay blessed and keep on doing it... keep it up

Stayed: January 2018, travelled solo

Dear Guest,

Thank you so much for reviewing our hotel and services - we very much appreciate the time you took to send in your kind comments.

Your feedback reinforces our founder, Rai Bahadur MS Oberoi's philosophy on providing gracious service with genuine care and our Executive Chairman, Mr. PRS Oberoi's belief in people being our most important asset. It is heartening that our people are not only living by the organisation and our values but taking that extra step in building an everlasting bond with our guests.

I have shared your generous compliments with my colleagues especially with Ilam, and Ankita; they are “over the moon” and delighted to know that they were able to surpass your expectations. Thank you!

It was indeed a pleasure to have been of service to you.

If I can be of any assistance in the mean time please do not hesitate to write to me.

Kind regards

Reviewed 7 January 2018 via mobile

I have visited this hotel many time and it always meets and exceeds my expectations. The rooms are very neat and clean, quality of food is also amazing. But i would really like to appreciate mr.ilam and ms.ankitaa for there warm hospitality, they were not only courteous but very pro active when it come to need of customers. Trident is very lucky to have such bright member's in there team. Thank you soo much mr.ilampooranan who took care of us at cinnamon :) :)

Stayed: January 2018, travelled on business

Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to post such a wonderful review, following your recent stay at Trident Chennai.

We are delighted to know that every aspect of your experience was excellent. It is always gratifying to read that the entire team at Trident Chennai is doing such a great job of taking care of our valued guests, such as your fine self.

People are the life and soul of our hotels. I am fortunate to have been working with these wonderful ladies and gentlemen who diligently uphold the values of our company by exceeding the expectations of our guests and creating everlasting memories.

I have conveyed your generous compliments to Ilam and Ankita - they truly appreciate your gracious praise. Thank you!

It was a pleasure to have been of service to you.

Please do not hesitate to write to me for any assistance with reservations or for anything else I can do for you in Chennai.

Reviewed 3 January 2018 via mobile

Was surprised by the level of personal support provided by the property. My parents were traveling with me and we needed them to stay with us for a short while and the hotel accommodated our request.

The restaurant Cinnamon was also very nice with the staff courteous and willing to customize our food (my mother is allergic to garlic so they were willing to make dishes without garlic).

We ordered in room dining which was delayed but the staff was very apologetic and it seemed like a genuine mistake.

Stayed: January 2018, travelled with family

Dear Guest,

Thank you very much for your highly rated review on Trident Chennai and its services.

My team and I are delighted to know that the delicious food and attentive service left a great impression on you. It feels so special to receive such feedback from our guests and I am overwhelmed each time by the commitment of the team members at the hotel. I have shared your experience with the entire food and beverage team - they are truly inspired by your gracious praise. Thank you!

It was an absolute pleasure to have been of service to you.

I would also like to apologise for the inadvertent delay in serving your food in room service as per the committed time. We shall be mindful of the same.

I take this opportunity to assure you of our best attention and services at all times. My team and I look forward to the opportunity of welcoming you back, please do not hesitate to write to me for any assistance with reservations or for anything else I can do for you in Chennai.