“nice hotel near the airport, convenient for late night flights”
Review of Trident, Chennai

Trident, Chennai
Ranked #9 of 415 Hotels in Chennai
Reviewed 24 August 2012

Nice hotel with an intimate feel. The room is modern and perfectly adequate as a business hotel. The greatest asset is of course the location which is just a few minutes drive from the hotel. Most rates also include free airport transfer.

Breakfast room is very pleasant with plenty of natural light. It is relaxing in the morning and it feels good to start the day here

• Stayed: May 2012, travelled on business
1  Thank indoboi
Chennai_Trident, General Manager at Trident, Chennai, responded to this reviewResponded 28 August 2012

Dear Guest,

I thank you for your review on TripAdvisor. I am glad to know that you have enjoyed your stay with us. I would share your feedback with my team.

Reviewed 23 August 2012

Stayed at the Trident for a week and enjoyed the service and amenities. The food was fantastic and the staff is VERY well trained. Good gym, close to the airport. Have traveled a fair bit in Asia, Trident's service was right up there. Kudos to Anand (F&B manager) and his team.

Avoid the SPA, not worth the moolah !!

Room Tip: Ask for a room away from the main road. The garden and pool view are the good.
1  Thank JaggiNadig
Chennai_Trident, General Manager at Trident, Chennai, responded to this reviewResponded 24 August 2012

Dear Guest,

I thank you for your review on TripAdvisor. I am glad to know that you have enjoyed your stay with us. I have shared your feedback with my team. I have conveyed your generous compliments to Anand for whom it has been a tremendous source of inspiration.

Your feedback on SPA was of great concern to me. May I request you to share the service lapses at Trident, SPA by writing to me on amit.khare@tridenthotels.com? Your suggestions would assist us to serve you better in the future.

I assure you of a comfortable stay at Trident Chennai for your future visits.

Reviewed 13 August 2012

Excellent experience. It is very near to the Chennai Airport and area is well connected thru Road and rail. I am very much pleased to experience the treatment from the staff especially their Kitchen staff, where they were found to be concerned when one of my Veg. dish requirement they were unable to serve in the evening but they have ensured for serving it me in the next day break fast. It was really great feeling as a customer on fulfilling the customer's request positively. I will definately stay again when ever i will be in Chennai.

Room Tip: I have experienced Non smoking room which was value for money.
1  Thank Divyang151
Chennai_Trident, General Manager at Trident, Chennai, responded to this reviewResponded 14 August 2012

Dear Guest,

I thank you for your review on TripAdvisor. I am glad to know that you have enjoyed your stay with us. I once again thank you for your generous compliments to the Kitchen team and have conveyed it to them, for whom it has been a tremendous source of inspiration.

Reviewed 6 August 2012

Super convenient to airport, this is primarily a business hotel and what they excel at delivering is what most business travelers need---great service, easy check in and out, a quiet, decent night's sleep and decent meal options. This is a low rise hotel, you can almost escape the humid smell by staying on the 3rd floor.

The staff was professional and polished in every manner that we interacted with them. I will take good people over perfect room any day! The room itself is standard business hotel style. The bathroom was spotless and the bed was comfy. Corridors were quiet, there was a minor amount of noise from an adjoining room, but so indistinct we could not tell if it was below or next door.

Would definately stay again.

Room Tip: ASK for room on 3rd floor to escape the musty smell. It's the tropics--I get it--but this simpl...
1  Thank Dianawallah
Chennai_Trident, General Manager at Trident, Chennai, responded to this reviewResponded 13 August 2012

Dear Guest,

I have made a good note of your feedback on the musty smell and have taken up with the team. Our team is working on it to resolve this issue. I promise you that you will find a significant change on your next visit.

Reviewed 5 August 2012

If you are visiting Chennai to be in the vicinity of the airport, the Trident is the best place to stay. Clean good rooms, friendly staff, excellent room service, smooth check-out though check-in could be better as housekeeping wanted to do a check of the room at the last minute before allocating to us, even though the check-in was at 9pm !!! Breakfast service could improve and the staff needs to be more proactive in replenishing the beverages and buffet layout. At times, the windows of the hotel rattle during an aircraft take-off being in close proximity to the airport.

• Stayed: July 2012, travelled on business
1  Thank YCh4204

Dear Guest,

I have made a good note of your feedback on breakfast service, staff efficiency and promptness and have taken up these issues with the concerned team with due seriousness. I assure you that you will see a remarkable change on your next visit.

Should you require any assistance from Trident Hotels, please feel free to write to me on amit.khare@tridenthotels.com.